Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Looper Needs a Fadeout Stop Option

Rob_Eller

Hey, how many others out there feel the need for a fade out stop option when looping?

It would be so simple to include in the next update. The looper, when selected has 2 empty buttons which could be awesome. Along with the regular stop, a second option could be immediate fade out, and the third option could be finish the loop and fade out.

I hope the right person sees this and includes it in the next update...Please ??

• Upvote 1

For any feature requests or product suggestions check out Line 6 ideascale; where end users can submit and vote on product suggestions/feature requests. Line 6 product managers do look at ideascale regularly, so this is your best bet to voice product suggestions/feature requests.

https://line6.ideascale.com

• 1 month later...

To address this, I assign one of my ancillary expression pedals to control the looper playback level. 

Yes, that works fine, except now you have a lot more to do while playing. An auto fade out is a beautiful option.

Plus I have no more room in my pedal board, haha!

• 8 months later...

Just bought the Helix. Love it. I use a Boss RC-300 looper through the effects loop which has fade out. I use the fade out all the time. Seems like the Helix looper is not useful for live playing (unless you do the expression pedal thing described above.) Looper is fine if just recording a track though. Hoping they come out with fade out (AND fade in) in next update. 

Yes, I agree, the Helix Looper is not useful for me for live playing.  I can't say I really want it to be either.  There just aren't enough buttons to be able to have my stomps and control a looper at the same time.  The last thing I want to do while playing and switching presets and controlling stomps, is to have to keep switching modes back and forth between the stomps and looper and presets.  Like you, I put my looper in the effects loop.  Then, everything is right there all the time.

I don't mind seeing an autofade option.  I think they left some buttons free for things like that.  But I can say I don't really care either way.  The Helix Looper has it's utility, but it's not long enough, and I hate having to switch modes.  Looping is hard enough without all that.  But if you put an ideascale for it, I'll vote for it.

• 6 years later...

There’s nothing to ‘fix’ because it’s not a bug. The second post in this thread links you to the official Line 6 feature request mechanism where users suggest and vote on new features. It appears that six years later there have not been enough users voting up  this idea to implement it. Perhaps your vote will tip the scale!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...