Hi, Dave again,
I do NOT think Line 6 misled me regarding if the channels 13-16 had mic preamps. That was very clear that it did not. But it is unclear to me why, and there was no mention of the fact that line inputs 13-16 would crippled as far as signal processing.
When I was comparing this to my existing mixer (no names here), there were ups and downs to the two approaches. But my existing mixer had 16 mic inputs and I use all 16. But my thinking was, hey two us use wireless mics, the bass and keys outputs do not need mic pre's so I should be able to get by for this aspect of the comparison. It does not say anywhere that these four have limited processing and all these cool preset could not be applied to this inputs. So I do feel a bit misled in this aspect.
Overall, this is a VERY impressive mixer and I am happy with selection and looking forward to showing to a club owner this weekend whom I feel will really like this. But at the same time, I urge Line 6 to consider a firmware update to this item to extend full channel processing to these inputs. Again, especially since you sell a full line of wireless goods which abstract the need for a mic pre.
Thanks all for the input and this is a great dialouge.
Items that are a clear winner over my existing digial mixer
- Digial Inputs is so much nicer. Hate being out in front with ipad and need to adjust the input level and have to go all the way back to the desk to do it. This is MUCH more handy when using ipad tools
- Easy UI but pluses and minuses to the usability but overall, I give the edge to the line 6
- Love being able to record without a laptop
- Love the size
Things that could use improvement (beyond the line inputs)
- Seperate iPHONE app for JUST dedicated monitor mixs. (love my current mixer where I can lock a mobile handheld to ONLY changes allowed for their monitor mix)
- Would have been SUPER sweet to have MIDI for control interfacing and coordinated shows, but too late for that now
- If the inputs connects could have been rotated, this would be very cool for bar owners who want to mount it to the wall, but NOT expose the inputs to the bands. Nice when you can use a snake instead and let the bands break that low cost piece as opposed to trashing the inputs of expensive mixer.... :-)
Thanks again all for the great conversation !!!