Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X into Focusrite 2i4

Hey all! I'm having trouble getting rid of the buzzing noise coming from my POD into my new Focusrite 2i4 interface.

The buzzing only seems to happen when my guitar is plugged into the POD and goes from the POD into the interface. Here is what I've done so far...

- The POD power cable was plugged into a separate outlet, then I plugged it into the same power strip I have my computer and monitor plugged into. No change.

- Plugged my guitar and bass (separately) to Guitar Input > L/Mono 1/4 inch cable output into interface. No change.

- Tried different combinations of cables. No change.

- I have no external speaker monitors so the interface is plugged into my computer via USB and I have my studio headphones plugged in

- Guitar In switch is set to Normal (no change when switched to Pad)

- XLR switch is set to ground (no change when switched to Lift)

- 1/4" Out set to Line (no change when switched to Amp)

- The only time the buzzing noise goes away is if I plug my guitar or bass directly into the interface via 1/4" cable or I have nothing plugged into the interface except my headphones to listen to the audio.

Any other troubleshooting techniques I should try out?