Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using multiple hardware effects units

Hope someone can help!

I've recently upgraded my studio gear, i wanted some rack mount equipment, so i bought the POD HD Pro X, i bought an Eleven Rack, and a Rocktron Intellifex LTD, i have reasons for buying these units, and want to use specific settings, the thing is, how do i use them simultaneously, i have the Pod HD Pro X plugged directly into my Aux inputs on my MOTU interface, is there away of plugging all the hardware units into one unit, and then running a that into the Aux inputs on my interface?!

Sorry, totally new to all this, so please bare with me!

Thank you

Kevin

If you mean the audio output of each, then you could run them all into a small mixer.  Of course you will not be able to record the individual sounds to their own tracks (if that is your intention).  For recording the better way would be to run the output of each rack unit into separate inputs on your audio interface.

Do you want to use the different hardware devices to process an incoming signal simultaneously or independently? In other words, do you want to use, say, the amp modelling of the POD then send that output signal to the input of the Eleven Rack for FX such as distortion, chorus, delay, ... and so on until the serially processed signal is routed into your DAW? Or do you want to send you guitar signal independently through only one of those devices at a time and then to you DAW?