Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

hd500x assign preset to fs?

dkweovm

New to HD500x :)

I assume a 'preset' is a collection of effects/amps you set up yourself - like a 'patch' in similar products

Can you assign separate
presets to each of the footswitches on the HD500x?

eg.
Say I have 2 presets:
1) 'HeavyMetalManiac' (dist, delay, wah) for solos
2) 'FunkyGibbon' (comp, phaser, reverb) for rhythm

Is there a way to assign HeavyMetalManiac to fs1 and FunkyGibbon to fs2 or any other fs?

So I can toggle between the 2 easily without having to scroll though all my presets

OR

Do the switches essentially only allow for turning off specific effects within the current preset?
Does ABCD mode allow this?

Thanks

ABCD mode allows you to use 4 footswitches (those labelled A-D) to select among the 4 presets in the current bank of presets. The other 4 footswitches can be assigned to turn individual FX in the preset on/off.

FS5-8 mode allows you to use all 8 footswitches as FX controllers. In this mode you need to use the Bank Up/Down switches to change presets.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies!

It seems ABCD mode is the one I was looking for

A quick follow up:

If I'm using ABCD mode, and I press A, all the effects on that related preset get activated at once with the 1 press right?

And pressing A again will leave me with just my clean signal, no effects?

Also;
If I press fs B will it then activate all the effects in B and also deactivate A?

ie. you only have one active fs preset at a time?

Thanks

Pressing any one of the A-D footswitches will recall the preset in the exact state in which it was last SAVEd. The individual FX will be on or off as they were when you saved the preset. So pressing A the first time will recall the preset as just described. Pressing A again will simply recall the saved preset again - it will not turn all FX off and deliver a clean signal. You must turn each FX on/off individually using the assigned FX footswitch. Note that you can assign multiple FX to the same footswitch.

Pressing B will recall that preset in its last-saved state.

Yes - you can only have one preset active at a time.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what you mean by your 'clean/normal' tone. A tone is a tone - each preset defines a basic tone along with ability to modify that tone with the application of selected FX. You SAVE the tone in the state in which you want it recalled (clean/normal if that's what you want) and then use the assigned FX footswitches to apply the FX as/when you want while that preset is active.

If you want you can define as many 'versions' of a tone that you want and save them in different presets. From clean/normal, to distortion only, then maybe chorus/delay with no distortion, etc..... All versions can be saved as different presets so that you can recall them in that exact state. You will still have the option, of course, to turn FX on/off within any one of those presets.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the helpful replies, guys

Another quicky!

I hear a lot of people run straight into a PA with theres, but how does it fair going into an amp?

I've got a lovely old solid state Yamaha for gigs and was hoping the HD500x would go nicely straight in

Thank you

Thanks hurghanico :)

I plan on playing jazz rock. No acoustic stuff here :P

So this thing works just fine straight in the front of an amp? I won't be using amp modelling as I like my amp's crystal clear tone, and I only want the HD500x for the effects