Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

need to install pod farm 1 for old recordings using reaper

Hi all,

I just upgraded my computer. I now have a state-of-art windows 10. I plugged in my Line6 UX2 and installed drivers and Pod Farm, I ran the licence manager and authorized the computer. I re-installed Reaper. I added Pod Farm 2 VST to reaper.

I can open Pod Farm 2 stand-alone, I can also use it as VST in Reaper. Everything is fine.

Problem is, I have some recordings from before the upgrade. Many, in fact. And they are lost looking for the "Pod Farm" VST. They don't know anything about a Pod Farm 2, and besides from what I've read there are some major differences.

From what I read on the web, I can install at the same time Pod Farm and Pod Farm 2. That would probably be fine.

However when I go to the Line6 download center and select Pod Farm, I get a message "At this time, there is no   software available that matches your selection."

How can I do?

Is there a way to upgrade the recordings (sounds ghastly)?

Is there a way to install Pod Farm 1, or at least its VST?

Thanks for any help or pointers

Thanks for the tip, it worked fine! :)

Select Win7 as your OS to get to PF 1.12

Regarding the recordings, are they dry tracks with VST’s added?

Yes, they are dry tracks with fx selected and VST added, Pod Farm.

BTW, I seem to remember having one unique PodFarm effect (VST). Now I have multiple ones: a general one with access to all effects and effect chains, plus all specific ones. I don't really see the point, but why not. Any comment?

thanks!

The separation from all-in-one Pod Farm to the individual subsets of FX allows you to conserve memory and perhaps CPU cycles in your PC. Each plug-in consumes PC resources when it is loaded. The bigger the plug-in, the more consumption. The individual FX subsets are smaller then the full package, hence conserving PC resources for improved performance.

• Upvote 1