Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change Snapshot button colour in Helix editor app

baggas

Since the 2.10 version of the Helix firmware you have been able to change the LED ring colors for snapshots but only from the Helix device, not the Editor. The instructions were under the release notes for the 2.10 'Flash Memory' (not Helix app) download.

From the 2.10 Flash Memory release notes:
Snapshot footswitch LED color—You can now choose a color for each snapshot footswitch. Press the PRESETS knob and then Knob 6 (Rename Snapshot). Turn knob 5 (LED Color) to select the desired color. “Auto Color†is the default red. NOTE: There is currently no way to set snapshot footswitch color from the Helix application.

• Upvote 2

Cheers. I already knew how to do it from the Helix itself, but useful info for those who don't.

Hopefully they will add this option to the editor in a future version. Perhaps it could be included as a another drop down option when you click the camera button?

Cheers. I already knew how to do it from the Helix itself, but useful info for those who don't.

Hopefully they will add this option to the editor in a future version. Perhaps it could be included as a another drop down option when you click the camera button?

Yes, I wish I could have provided a method from the Editor but to perhaps spare folks needless searching around (at least as of the current 2.11 Editor version) I figured I would provide the release notes which explicitly mention that snapshot color can not yet be changed from the Editor. I agree that putting the color choice on the camera icon, or by right/left clicking the snapshot name, or even in a pulldown menu next to the snapshot name in the Editor would make a lot of sense.

I can't resist mentioning another change I would like to see happen regarding the camera icon but this change refers to how it is implemented on the Helix itself. I am still hoping Line6 will offer us an option to not use the camera icon in a Helix scribble strip and instead have some alternate method of indicating a snapshot that does not require using 6 of the 16 characters available for a snapshot name just for the camera icon. This is almost 40% of a snapshot's namespace dedicated to just the camera icon. I find that when I want to give my snapshots more descriptive names I am forced to be more parsimonious than I would like with the description, abandon vowels altogether, and come up with abbreviations that require a secret decoder ring just to remember what they refer to. The camera icon is one of those things that is very cool looking and as a developer I would probably have been delighted when I realized the scribble strips could be used this way but I find that in implementation it is more aesthetic than functional. For those who would like the option of using a larger namespace rather than the camera icon please vote this idea up. It does not advocate doing away with them for those who prefer the icon, just giving an option for those who prefer more detailed snapshot names. https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Use-less-or-no-scribble-strip-spaces-to-indicate-a-snapshot/831165-23508