Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Intolerable Buzzing

VB70

Does anyone here have crazy absolute intolerable buzz when trying to connect Helix to switch channels on your tube amp. Part of me purchasing this unit was for that reason and and "Holy Crap Marie" it works but i cant use it!!!!

Is there a fix?

Is it a ground loop?  If so, I can tell you that I run everything through a Furman power conditioner except for my amps (ran out of outlets on the Furman).  The result was an intolerable ground loop off my right channel.  I bought a Ebtech Hum Eliminator and it has solved the problem across the board.  Highly recommended.

Does anyone here have crazy absolute intolerable buzz when trying to connect Helix to switch channels on your tube amp. Part of me purchasing this unit was for that reason and and "Holy Crap Marie" it works but i cant use it!!!!

Is there a fix?

My Blues Deluxe Reissie does this. When I unplug the cable on the Helix that goes to the foot switch input of the amp, the buzzing goes away. I have not tried to troubleshoot it though since I don't play in that configuration.

Keep in mind, the original post I believe is referencing the relay channel switching of the amp, and not the audio signal itself. I know for sure my Fender amp has the same issue when connecting the relay switching output to the channel foot switch input on the amp. As soon as I unplug the cable going to the amps channel switching input, the extreme buzz is gone.

I'll hook it up this weekend and troubleshoot what the cause is