Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500x applying presets to aux input

SunPT

Hi everyone, I bought my pod hd500x last and I've been loving. Truly an amazing tool. I have been using my guitar plugged in guitar input, and run backtracks trough the aux input. But today, from nowhere, the pod started to apply the preset in usage to the aux input audio, although when using other presets the aux input audio is now being cut out. I tried changing the input settings, but that isn't solving my problem.

Could someone provide some help solving this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The cd/mp3 input does the job, but there is some background noise, that wasn't there when connecting to the aux input.
Is there a way to stop that noise or to get the input settings working as they were before they changed?

You'd have to look at external factors to stop the cd/mp3 input noise. It's coming from your cables, or the external device, or an electrical hum. You need to control the input volume from the external device.

You can use the Aux input but in order to hear it, unprocessed, at the HD500X outputs you need to:

- create a dual path preset

- assign Path B Input to Aux (assuming Path A input is Guitar)

- make sure the path split occurs immediately at the inputs - there should be no FX blocks preceding the path split. This is what keeps the paths completely separate.

- make sure there are no processing blocks in Path B. This is what allows the Aux input to pass through the HD500X unprocessed, except for an A/D and then subsequent D/A conversion. These conversions are avoided if you use the cd/mp3 input.

• Upvote 1