Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Loop Trouble (Picture Of Chain Attached)

KjArn

I cant seem to figure out why I am not being given the option to add a looper to the block selected (after the "verb) in my chain. Ive included a picture below to clarify.

I obviously want my looper to be at the end of all my effects and the switchable amp models so that all the changes I do are recorded properly for play back with loops.

must be something I'm doing wrong because ive seen other chains where the looper is on path "2A"

Thanks for your time.

post-2523969-0-39630900-1487833156_thumb.png

Only thing I can think of is that you are out of DSP on that path, especially if those are all stereo effects on 2A. Try deleting a couple of other effects on that path to see if that frees up some DSP and allows you to drop in the looper. 

• Upvote 1

Well.. that did make the looper available... but kind of a bummer and defeats the purpose of what I got this unit for if I can have all of that on a setting with the looper after. any other routing or set up suggestions to make this chain work with the looper at the end?

(Thanks for the advice and help btw)

Well.. that did make the looper available... but kind of a bummer and defeats the purpose of what I got this unit for if I can have all of that on a setting with the looper after. any other routing or set up suggestions to make this chain work with the looper at the end?

(Thanks for the advice and help btw)

Are you running out of your Helix in Stereo? If not, change all of your blocks to mono and it cuts way down on DSP usage. 

If you are running stereo out of your Helix, change all of your blocks before your amp to mono, because what is coming out of your amp will be mono anyway. Once the path out of the amp hits a stereo block, it will be stereo again. If you change the blocks before your first amp to mono, you may free up enough DSP to put your other amp in 1A as well, then save path 2 for all your other stereo effects and looper. 

• Upvote 1

And if you are simply looking to have a stereo effect to fill out a sound - as opposed to relying on stereo separation for an integral part of the sound (e.g., ping-pong delay) - you can just let the reverb at the end do that and run everything as mono up to that point.

• Upvote 1

And if you are simply looking to have a stereo effect to fill out a sound - as opposed to relying on stereo separation for an integral part of the sound (e.g., ping-pong delay) - you can just let the reverb at the end do that and run everything as mono up to that point.

^ This! ^

Serializing multiple stereo effects, one after the other, its just flooding the signal and making everything muddy, other than kicking on DSPs....