#1 curtis4325

curtis4325

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hi everyone,

The other day I just got a HD pro unit for my studio.  Works great as expected out of the box.  I have the HD 500 as well.  Now that the HD pro is rack mounted I want to be able to dial in tones with the pro and then, when I need to take the 500 to a gig, transfer the tones to the 500.  Is there a converter that will change between the HD pro and HD 500 and vise versa?

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11383 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Yes, there is.

Convert & Modify POD HD Presets | www.jzab.de

Kudos to forum member jzab for doing this and sharing it.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 liveman

liveman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

I just upgraded from an X3 to a HD500X today and on the file format front I find it a bit depressing.   People are saying they are not like for like so it's impossible to convert.  I disagree.  There must be an upgrade path for each device & amp, (ie for this this amp we recommend now using..... ).  If the resolution for each nob is greater then use %, dry wet/ms settings for a delay are universal.  Even if It was an approximation but had the same fx types it would be a great help instead of starting from scratch.

I'm also doubly disappointed pod farm 2 is incompatible.  I bought that SW specifically for the excellent workflow of being able to transfer tones from VST to hardware, for me this was the USP with Line6, I don't know of any other manufacturer that can do this.  Please Line6 make a plugin version of the HD series tones.

It's a shame the tone files aren't xml, it would be easier for the community to roll a converter although I know jZab is doing a great job here. http://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd

Sorry had to get that off my chest, other than that the looper and sound quality is amazing.

#4 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11383 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

If you still have your X3 you can connect it, run gearbox, and view the tone details. Simultaneously you can run HD500x Edit without theHD500x connected and recreate the tones manually. They won't sound the same, and you'll have to make your own trials in terms of similar sounding amps that the X3 has and the HD doesn't but it's a starting point for tweaking. Then you can save the HD presets as files to your computer and send them to your HD device when you connect it later.

.... John Lennon

#5 MrMarcosMiranda

MrMarcosMiranda

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

"jZab is doing a great job here. http://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd"

Am I the only dogdamn retard who can't convert files from the 500 to the 500x, even with this converter?

When I click "browse" and I select the folder with all the .h5e files, not one of them show...

Anybody else having this problem or know the solution?

#6 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15388 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

why convert at all... 500 tones will drag and drop directly into HD500x edit.

Am I the only dogdamn retard who can't convert files from the 500 to the 500x, even with this converter?

When I click "browse" and I select the folder with all the .h5e files, not one of them show...

Anybody else having this problem or know the solution?

#7 MrMarcosMiranda

MrMarcosMiranda

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Über Guru, I think I better return this 500HD ha ha ha. I can't get my Edit software to do what you just said it does... When I click on a HD500 patch, it doesn't even load...

#8 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15388 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

it wont load when you click it.....

you have to drag and drop.

the file extensions are different for the different versions... but the data in the file is close enough that it will work.

it's 100% compatible going from a 500 to a 500x

not the case going from 500x to 500... but they are still very compatible depending on the contents of the tone.

Über Guru, I think I better return this 500HD ha ha ha. I can't get my Edit software to do what you just said it does... When I click on a HD500 patch, it doesn't even load...

#9 MrMarcosMiranda

MrMarcosMiranda

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

I've been trying to figure out how exactly to do this "drag and drop" function. I use a PC. I have the 500 files in a folder. And the 500x files in another.
I can open (by selecting from "Open" in the Edit software) and open any .5xe extension but any time I load an .h5e from the 500 it doesn't open. And how could I "drag & drop" if this is seemingly the only way Line 6 instructed to open files in the manual?

#10 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15388 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

Line6 doesn't officially support using tones that aren't native to the system... so there are not going to be any instructions.

basically you open the folder with the tones in it... select a single tone... and hold the mouse button... release over the memory location in your setlist...

not in hd500x edit in general.. over where you want the tone stored.

you can also change the file extensions... but that is alot more time consuming when trying to do alot of tones.

#11 MrMarcosMiranda

MrMarcosMiranda

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for the answers but I'm still at a loss... And more importantly, I haven't even been able to figure out the difference between a "set list" and a "bundle." Or how to load all individual patches I downloaded from the custom tone website into my Pod at once...

These factory instructions absolutely suck!!!

#12 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11383 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

The drag and drop method works only on individual patches. You can't use it with multiple patches simultaneously, or with a setlist or bundle. Each of these elements can exist as a single file on your computer.

A setlist is a set of 64 patches that are organized into 16 banks (numbered 1 through 16) with 4 patches (A through D) in each bank. Hence each patch from 1A to 16D identifies the 64 patches in a setlist.

A Bundle contains all 512 patches that the HD500x can contain at any time. The bundle is organized into 8 setlists as above.

Each patch and setlist can be named, although internally they will be referred to as Setlist 1 through Setlist 8, and within each setlist patch 1A through 16D. The bundle name is assigned when you save the bundle to your computer; internally it needs no name because it is all there is.

.... John Lennon

#13 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15388 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

once again... there are no factory instructions... its not officially supported... but it works...

we're just users trying to help you out...

so perhaps it's the lack of a supported way to do this and lack of factory instructions that suck.

i'm not really sure what part is causing you issues.. it's really easy, once you figure it out.

Thanks for the answers but I'm still at a loss... And more importantly, I haven't even been able to figure out the difference between a "set list" and a "bundle." Or how to load all individual patches I downloaded from the custom tone website into my Pod at once...

These factory instructions absolutely suck!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod hd pro, pod hd 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users