Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x loop problem!

Jovensuelo

Hello and Sorry about my English.

I have a problem with hd500x's loop.

I enter in loop Mode, push "rec", i play a riff, play "rec" again to finish the loop.

But, when i push "rec" again to play another guitar line over the first one, I can only listen the Last one, the first guitar line disappear.

I cant rec more than a guitar. The first one always disappear.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

To end the recording of a Loop you press either

- the STOP/PLAY switch in which case the recorded Loop continues playing and overdub is Off, or

- the REC/Overdub switch in which case the recorded Loop keeps playing and overdub is On

Note that in both cases the recorded Loop continues to play. As long as the loop is playing you can press the REC/Overdub switch to enable/disable the Overdub feature.

However, if you STOP the playback of the Loop and then press the REC/Overdub switch you erase the existing loop and begin recording a new loop. This may be what you are doing.

I still have the problem:

When I play the overdub, Always Always Always delete the previous track, or a part of the previous track.

For example: I play a first track of 10 seconds, if after it I make a overdub of 5 seconds over it, I am listening a loop of 10 seconds, right, But SEPARATELY: the first 5 seconds of the overdub and last 5 seconds of the original loop. Separately. No sound together.

I am playing how you are saying and I have read the manual thousand times... And I cant solve the problem

When I have tryed to reinstall the firmware, it isn't possible. This morning, I turned on the pod and appears the line6 logo again and again.

As Guru tells in his message. My PC doesn't dettect the pod.

I power on while holding the left arrow and it doesn't work.

Maybe my pod has a problem bigger than the looper...

Any solution? :( 

I have tryed the global reset again. With other USB cable, other computer... and the problem is with me.

The left arrow method doesn't work. Reinstaling flash memory doesn't work (Computer doesn't detect the pod)

When I had the looper problem was better than now. :(

Line6 logo, Line6 logo, Line6 logo... 

Download the HD flash file to your computer.

Safe Mode Reflash: Unplug everything (guitar, cables, etc) Hold the  Down Arrow button then plug the power in.

Hopefully you will get the "update flash".

Connect the HD via USB and start L6 Monkey.

Select "Flash From File"

Then go back up and follow Nico's reset post.

There is a chance that the Power Supply went bad.

If all fails it probably needs to go to the shop.

I unplug everything. Hold down arrow and I get "update flash", but the computer doesn't detect the POD, so it's impossible to select flash from file.

Only I can reinstall drivers. I did it several times...

and... Line6 logo, Line6 logo, Line6 logo... :(

It seems impossible to fix the problem.

I have tried everything: everything you said in this post and what other colleagues said in other post of previous dates.

Many thanks to all for your attention and interest but it seems that the unit fails (like many others I'm seeing on the internet) and the only solution I get from Line6 is that I contact the seller ...  :huh:

I bought This new POD at thomann, I treated it very well, it's practically new, it's just over a year !!! And right now it's absolutely useless.

My experience is being pretty bad and I would not recommend this unit.

Remember there is the power supply to check  AND look in the HD's USB port to see if the black block that centers the pins is still there. Sometimes they can break.

Hope its just user error or a cheap fix.

It seems impossible to fix the problem.

I have tried everything: everything you said in this post and what other colleagues said in other post of previous dates.

Many thanks to all for your attention and interest but it seems that the unit fails (like many others I'm seeing on the internet) and the only solution I get from Line6 is that I contact the seller ...  :huh:

I bought This new POD at thomann, I treated it very well, it's practically new, it's just over a year !!! And right now it's absolutely useless.

My experience is being pretty bad and I would not recommend this unit.

So, where is your problem? You got a lemon, okay! But with your Thomann purchase you got 3 years extended warranty.

Take this offer, open a ticket at Thomann and let the unit be exchanged.

The pins of the USB are all right, Thanks Bill.

That's what I'm doing, Smashcraaft. I'm keeping contact with thomann. But I saw on Internet That it's a very common problem on this POD and Line6 doesnt give me a solution. And found a lot of People with the same problem without solution.

It shouldnt be normal on a one year pod