Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Make My Piezo Sound Like An Acoustic

joemama78

I have a solid-body Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster with a fishman piezo under the bridge, so it has the attack regularly associated with an acoustic guitar, but because of the light strings and solid body, it doesn't sound much like a true acoustic. I have played around with effects and downloaded patches, but have not been able to find a satisfactory setting.

What are the keys to making an electric guitar with a piezo sound like an acoustic? I've added reverb, but I don't have the foggiest clue how to dial in EQs.

Fishman released a foot pedal at one time specifically made for guitars with piezo systems (Parker Systems with Fishman pickups etc) and I know the Zoom pedal (X3?) also has a piezo input.  Both of these pedals are made to enhance the base piezo signal to make them sound more realistic and the Zoom pedal also will enhance sound hole pickups as well.

On the EQing side of things I can't really help.

You need to set the global parameters properly for an acoustic sound. I don't have a manual in front of me, but I think I set my room resonance higher, high pass filter at 100hz (for violin, may be lower for guitar), and I will check the rest of my settings when I can. Output mode is direct/PA. Basically, treat your cab simulation as an acoustic guitar body, and tweak until it sounds right. I use the Hiwatt model for all of my clean tones.