Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Questions about 4 cable before I buy a hd500x

Cobra1712

Hello,

My current set up is a MiM strat through a few analog pedals into a fender blues DeVille 410. I used to have a DigiTech gsp2101 and rp7 and when i got the DeVille i sold those because i became a snob and only wanted authentic sound lol. With that said I've realized i need some more effects and building the pedal board i want would be too expensive.

I was gonna get the m13 but then i heard about the 4 cable method. My question is i want to be sure that I understand how that works. My impression is I can go from my guitar into the pod then to my regular input followed by preamp out back to pod then to power amp in. Will the pod automatically switch to bypassing the preamp if a amp model is selected? And if no amp model selected will i still be able to get the natural tone of my DeVille?

Otherwise i like the extra features of the pod but don't want to lose the sound i bought my amp for.

On a side not can you loop analog pedals into the mix with the pod? Still have a few I really like.

Yes, you have the wiring correct and you can program patches to do what you describe. There is nothing automatic about 4CM. You have to put an FX Loop block in your chain and you program a FS (footswitch) to toggle the loop on (your amp pre) and the amp model off (make sure to tweak the bypass volume if you are on the same chain)....you can to do a bit of work to get your bypass level to matchup where you need it.

You can use pedals np...depends on how you want to do it....If you want to switch from your pedal rig to a modeled rig, you just stick your pedal on the loop...

POD Send->WAH->Screamer->amp input

Amp Send->Delay->Flange->Verb

If you haven't read the advanced manual, you might want to do that as there are lot of little things to tweak.

You can even set it up using a dual tone patch and put your amp on one chain and models on the other and put a balance pedal on it and crossfade. All of this is advanced stuff. Lots of things you can do, just none of it is automatic...you gotta program it...might be some 4CM patches on custom tone you could download to checkout routing, FS and expression programming.

Hello,

My current set up is a MiM strat through a few analog pedals into a fender blues DeVille 410. I used to have a DigiTech gsp2101 and rp7 and when i got the DeVille i sold those because i became a snob and only wanted authentic sound lol. With that said I've realized i need some more effects and building the pedal board i want would be too expensive.

I was gonna get the m13 but then i heard about the 4 cable method. My question is i want to be sure that I understand how that works. My impression is I can go from my guitar into the pod then to my regular input followed by preamp out back to pod then to power amp in. Will the pod automatically switch to bypassing the preamp if a amp model is selected? And if no amp model selected will i still be able to get the natural tone of my DeVille?

Otherwise i like the extra features of the pod but don't want to lose the sound i bought my amp for.

On a side not can you loop analog pedals into the mix with the pod? Still have a few I really like.

You can do exactly what is described here...but if all you intend to use the POD for is FX and you're not interested in the amp models, there are better multi-fx units out there for the money you're gonna spend.