Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax JTV-59.... to buy?..... or not to buy?

Hi,

I'm seriously considering buying a JTV-59. The youtube videos are really impressive, but looking at the number of complaints 

and gripes about Variax posted here, I'm beginning to doubt that it is as good as Line 6 are making it out to be.

I played a 59 at Yamaha's flagship London store last week and found that the alternative tunings were really terrible. there was

generally a ghost note after plucking the string which sounded a fraction of a second after the main note. The sales person couldn't offer 

any explanation as to why the guitars (and I tried 2) sounded the way that they did.

I really want this to work out as I would like to integrate the guitar with my Helix. I suppose the question for JTV-59 owners is, would you

buy one again? And, are there any top tips to getting the technology to work properly?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Paul.

Yes I would definitely buy one again. Two things I want to respond to from your post:

First, this is a user support forum. People come here when they have problems. So what you get here is a very skewed perspective. You don't hear from the vast majority of users who have no problems with their equipment. Consider the number of people discussing their Variax issues here; you can probably count them in the tens - say less than 100 people over the last several years. Perhaps more, but still...... Then think about the number of Variax guitars that Line 6 must have sold worldwide in that time in order for it to be a viable product. I'd guess a LOT more than 100 (or higher). Is it fair to conclude that the vast majority of users are not here? I think so.

Secondly, you describe the most commonly reported issue of alternate tuning - the supposed ghost notes. In almost all cases this boils down to the simple fact that your ears are hearing the acoustic sound of the original string vibration (which remains in standard tuning) along with the alternate tuned note. Many people swear up and down that that's not what they are hearing, until they actually do a recording. The ghost note is not present in the recording because only the alternate tuning is recorded - the physical sound of the vibrating string is not recorded. You need to listen at a very loud volume or in good isolation headphones before the alternate tuned note overpowers and hides the physical string vibration from your ears. The store you are playing in would tell you to turn things down before you approach that volume level.

• Upvote 2

Secondly, you describe the most commonly reported issue of alternate tuning - the supposed ghost notes. In almost all cases this boils down to the simple fact that your ears are hearing the acoustic sound of the original string vibration (which remains in standard tuning) along with the alternate tuned note. Many people swear up and down that that's not what they are hearing, until they actually do a recording. The ghost note is not present in the recording because only the alternate tuning is recorded - the physical sound of the vibrating string is not recorded. You need to listen at a very loud volume or in good isolation headphones before the alternate tuned note overpowers and hides the physical string vibration from your ears. The store you are playing in would tell you to turn things down before you approach that volume level.

To the OP:

This is exactly what you're hearing. Almost nobody believes it at first, but trust me...this is what you experienced. We're all very used to ignoring the acoustic sound of the instrument, as we're focused on what's coming out of the amp...but it is ever-present, and those strings are ringing just inches from your head. You hear them directly with every note you play, whether you know it or not. But when the pitch leaving the amp is suddenly not the same note actually being produced be the strings, cacophony ensues...especially decidedly non-harmonious, close intervals like a half-step. Play loud enough, and the problem will disappear.

So yes, you are hearing two notes....but only one is coming through the amp.

• Upvote 1

Nah then lad,

If tha reet n fair fancies one o them theer JTV59 models - gi ower gawpin at bugger, shape thissen an buy it.

Oh, yeah. What "silverhead" & " crusinon 2" have stated in the posts above is correct. You find you get to be able to ignore it pretty quickly. Just with mag pickups it's a slick piece of gear, but add all that digital wizzbang stuff -wow! Hook it up to Helix and away ya go.

Enjoy 😃

• Upvote 1

Guys,

Thank you so much for the responses. That makes absolute sense. Armed with this info, I'm going to head back to the shop to have a second demo.

I hadn't realised that that my ears were so sensitive to picking up the secondary string sound.... even after all these years of abusing them with loud music!!!! 

In reality, the alternative tunings are the icing on the cake for the 59. It's the acoustic guitar modelling that really blows me away (complete with string squeek-

how cool is that!

Do any of you guys play your Variax through an L2 or L3? I'm considering going the whole "ultimate FRFR rig" route and would be interested to find out how 

it sounds. I generally play at relatively low volume levels, so I would be particularly interested to hear if the units have very low background noise such as hiss.

Also, I can't determine whether they are passively cooled or have a fan. I have had issues in the past with fan noise on one of the old Peavey Triumph PAG 

tube amps.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Paul.

AKA: The last man standing from The Men From Barnsley Council

It's the acoustic guitar modelling that really blows me away (complete with string squeek-how cool is that!

Way back in 2005 I bought a Variax 600, partly because it had the ability to mimic a 12 string acoustic. First time I heard it, my bank card hit the counter. I upgraded to the JTV59 last year and I love it. Extremely well made piece of kit and a greatly versatile studio tool when hooked up to the Helix. As it lives in my studio I only ever hear it through my Tannoy 802 monitors (excellent) but there are many users of L2 and L3 FRFR speaker systems for live work who seem very happy with their choice. Although there are other systems available, the caveat reamains - YMMV.

Basically if you are going to try out the Variax in the store, ask if you can run it through a FRFR rig as the speakers will sound different to a regular guitar cab due to the extended frequency range. It's a whole new world.

I played a 59 at Yamaha London and the push on the tunings knob was broken and they didn't even know! I was trying out a helix and one they would have stock plus a 59!

The staff didn't seem all that knowledgeable about the product. The guy with the long hair is the best of the bunch!

As for a 59 I have had one for 4 years and I think its amazing. I got mine from Andertons as 'B' stock and assist from a small ding in the binding on the neck it was perfect.

I guess I would say 'shop around' or try and find somebody with one - if you are anywhere near Bromley message me!

Loving my JTV 59, but just like my POD 500x, it takes a little work to get where you want to be.  Or, spend  $5000+ on several of the "real" guitars and amps that the modeling copies.

It's taken me a while to get POD patches I like and some time adjusting the neck on the JTV plus time in Workbench to get to where I'm happy with it ( in work bench it's mainly been reducing certain string volume levels -- particularly on 12-string models ).

I don't use alternate tunings but have reverted to a real Capo rather than the "virtual capo" capability of the JTV on the somewhat rare occasions I don't want to play the chords in the actual key.    Lots more to explore as I'm not even using the magnetic pickups on the JTV yet.

The integration between POD-Helix and JTV is great -- program one patch to use your favorite amp/cab/effects  AND specify the guitar model that goes with it.

I must chime in here. I played my JTV 69 with Roland synth pickup through a Marshall DSL 401 and Fulltone GT500/Boss DS-1/Boss Compressor and a Zoom MS50G at a packed 200 seat club full of St Paddys Day revelers last Friday night and I will tell you that through a well maintained tube amp it absolutely kills.I think it is the most fun guitar I have to play but it is a serious instrument not a toy. Funk/ Jazz/ Blues/ Dance music/ Alternative( using the tunings)/ Country etc...I was able to quickly change to any guitar tone I needed on the fly.

No other production model electric guitar can do that period.Buy it and get in the game.

Bough mine last week, to complete the 'dream rig':

JTV-59 Variax > Pod HD500 > DT25 Stack.

Basically, i've been playing for 20 years - I've NEVER had it so good - and would buy it all again tomorrow if stolen!

• Upvote 1

Hi

I've had mine for about s year and a half and it is definitely my number 1 guitar now. The only issue I had was battery performance failing over time but Line6 sorted me a new battery under warranty so it's all good. I was a bit disappointed that Yamaha London don't stock Variax batteries, but hey ho...

The 'ghost note' thing is improved if you dampen the strings behind the nut like this: https://youtu.be/GHPS4JRYbQY. Before I did this I found that I really noticed artefacts creeping in, particularly on acoustic and 12 string models.

I'm considering a second one as a back up now as I use the '59 so much at gigs and if I broke a string mid-set I'd be stuffed. I did change the mag pickups out for Iron Gears but that's a personal sound thing.

Hope this helps.

It's great you guys have taken the time out to respond to my slightly misguided post. I went back to the shiny shop in Wardour Street and had a second go at the 59. I'll definitely be pushing the button on this when I've managed to flog my valve head and cab.

Interestingly they had a 59 USA model which was £3600, so it was rude not to try it to compare with the Korean made version!

Oh wow, what a difference - sorry, that should have read "oh wow what difference?" Apart from different tuners, and a a bit of rounding off around the pickup selector and control recesses, it played, felt and sounded identical to the considerably cheaper version. I know this post is all about the 59, but with £3600 to spend, I would probably be buying myself a standard 59 and still have change to have me a genuine Les Paul!!!

Point taken about the standard of staff in music shops in general. In fairness to the guy that served me, although he was fairly clueless about the product, and he didn't really try to sell the guitar to me, he did quote me a good price on the guitar and an L2t, and said that they would always beat any price as they were the main L65 dealer.

Cheers.

Paul.

PS : Mr. F. Flame -  I can only guess that the user name is in homage to the most awesome Fender original Master Series of the mid eighties. Mine is still going strong, just wish I'd bought another couple back in the day. But alas I was a poor 6th former!!!

First, this is a user support forum. People come here when they have problems. So what you get here is a very skewed perspective. You don't hear from the vast majority of users who have no problems with their equipment. Consider the number of people discussing their Variax issues here; you can probably count them in the tens - say less than 100 people over the last several years. Perhaps more, but still...... Then think about the number of Variax guitars that Line 6 must have sold worldwide in that time in order for it to be a viable product. I'd guess a LOT more than 100 (or higher). Is it fair to conclude that the vast majority of users are not here? I think so.

This is purely an assumption on your part.

First, you have omitted the fact that many people use the forum as guests. One doesn't have to sign up as a member to use it to solve any issues that they might have. There are really few new questions or answers offered here, so one would be able to use the forum as intended, as a research library. You are only including the people who post here. Therefore, many could come and go and be unknown to you. How many "Guests"have there been ? To use your logic, all of them had problems, 'cause they wouldn't have used the forum otherwise.That would mean you have no idea of the number of people who have had problems. It also means you have no idea how many people are happy. 

Second, you are just taking a wild guess and making statements that have no verifiable numbers involved in your conclusions.

To quote numbers that would represent that less than 100 people have ever posted here with Variax issues is absurd. Each piece can have more than one issue too, and you haven't considered that either.

Then, you "Guess" how many have been sold. 

Then finally you want us to draw the same conclusion when even you admit that the "Vast Majority of Users" are not here ?

So you just take another guess and say that they must all be happy.....? How many folks just went and returned them?  Pick any old number......'cause you have no idea how many did that either. How many sold them because they weren't satisfied ? You don't know.....We've also heard of folks who returned their guitars 1 or 2 times before they got one that they were happy with. Did you count them as unhappy twice before becoming happy at last ? How about the guys who started out happy, but ain't quite so happy now ?  & vice versa...

This is called flawed logic and should not be accepted as a conclusion that is being formed on any factual information.

I have read this over and over here...........and until you can come here with some, or any, type of factual information, I think you should stop making these "Fairy Tale" assumptions. Anybody can take a wild guess....you didn't even come close to considering all of the factors that you would have had too, to support your own opinion here. Of course, you like yours, and you want everybody to like theirs.......that's why your a L6 Expert. But, I think you have reached a biased opinion..........

Well, I stand soundly rebuked. 😃

Yes, it's my opinion. Assumptions and speculation are what separates opinion from unassailable knowledge. Your assumption is that mine are unreasonable, yet you don't offer any facts to the contrary - just different assumptions. I believe my assumptions are reasonable,and my opinion remains unchanged. And you're entitled to yours.

Have a nice day.

Well, I stand soundly rebuked.

Yes, it's my opinion. Assumptions and speculation are what separates opinion from unassailable knowledge. Your assumption is that mine are unreasonable, yet you don't offer any facts to the contrary - just different assumptions. I believe my assumptions are reasonable,and my opinion remains unchanged. And you're entitled to yours.

Have a nice day.

My post is chock full of facts that you failed to consider........I haven't made any claims as to one way or the other. I have only stated that you haven't used any data or variables in making a statement that you claim to be true. Well, it ain't true if one only presents the one sided information that makes you look good. Your opinion isn't unreasonable......it's unfounded.  There's a big difference between the two. What's unreasonable, is for you to blurt out STUFF and then call out for the rest of us to blindly agree. The assumption that I have made, is that you really have no idea or research to back up your stated claim.

Nothing personal here....Just a rebuttal to another story of a Bigfoot sighting..........telling it over and over doesn't make it true.....

Personally, I've found a lot of the advice given by Silverhead in various threads to be a lot of help.

Just my opinion..... I haven't really based that on anything......

And I'm not connected with Line 6 other than owning their gear........

Personally, I've found a lot of the advice given by Silverhead in various threads to be a lot of help.

Just my opinion..... I haven't really based that on anything......

And I'm not connected with Line 6 other than owning their gear........

The thing here is that, first he told the O P to beware of getting a "Skewed Perspective" from the forum....and then as an "Expert" proceeded to give him exactly that. A skewed perspective. Their was no disclaimer and his statement was reflected as factual, although no facts were involved.

Then some of what was said was just pure BS..."Problems experienced only number from the tens---well maybe up to a 100 or so". 

When you are a expert with over 15,000 posts, new users here tend to take you for your word as the definitive and ultimate source for information.

The reason that I responded to this post was that this expert has made this same statement more than just a few times here.

Never has it been stated as an "Opinion", it has always been presented as facts without substance.

Now, it has grown a life of it's own as being truthful....all on the single merit of have been told over and over.

The point is....there are vast and complex points to consider before declaring that far and away the vast majority of everybody is estatic and euphoric

with their JTV guitars.

I, for one, have found out through over 5 years experience with a 59, that I can love this thing one minute, then 10 minutes later I just have to put it down and walk away from the damn thing. I believe that most of the credit belongs to the users, not L6, as far as being happy goes. None of this stuff is ready to go right out of the box. It's a learning curve. You have to stick it out to reach your goals and be satisfied. You have to fix and diddle with things as simple as firmware string volumes,just one example, and almost none of the models sound worth sh*t unless you fix 'em first. How many neck jobs on a 69 do you have to read about before you would think that people aren't happy until they fixed it themselves ? People with an open work orders, or people waiting to get parts so they can fix stuff themselves are NOT happy either I can tell you......... Every time I plug in , I got my fingers crossed. Is it gonna be all "Wonkie" now ?, or will it be the same as when I turned it off last time I used it ? How many times have you had to "Reflash" your rig because some unknown gremlin popped up out of the middle of nowhere ?After quite a period of frustration with mine, it finally became the rig that I used the most, now, after being let down on more than one occasion, it is no longer my first choice to preform with and it gets left behind more often then not.

So by fact, I've been both happy and pissed. Just depends on when you asked me what my opinion is.....

But remember that all formulas need real numbers to establish verifiable answers.

X + Z x Y= Means nothing on it's own merit...........

Silverhead has produced gobs of very usable info here, and I'll be the first to agree with you on that point....He has answered many of my own queries.

This however, wasn't one of those moments.

Find a place that has some one display as floor models, play them, get the feel of them,

how they work, how they sound. The best skewed perspective is your own experience with it.

That's the way it was with all 11 of my guitars (four are JTV's). Played them, got to know them,

get the lay-of-the-land with them. But then again, I've also spent the last six years servicing JTV's.

In the end, it's all about the playing of it.

Yes I would definitely buy one again. Two things I want to respond to from your post:

What he said.  I have a 59 for years and love it.

• Downvote 1

What he said.  I have a 59 for years and love it.

See, you included a fact. You have ONE, and love it..........

Ginster loves his also........that's also a fact....

Now we are getting to a real answer......2 factual accounts that 2 real people love their guitars. A beginning for sure, but still not enough to declare that everybody else loves them also without providing more proof. As of this moment, we can only say for sure is.....at least 2 people love them......

and we have no idea how everybody else feels. If facts show that everybody else REALLY loves the Sh*t out of 'em..FANTASTIC ! 

Remember, I never made any claims that more people liked or disliked anything....I just said the statement was unfounded...NO PROOF OFFERED .

Love is based on emotions-------Logic is based on factual data.

Debate is based on merit.....One cannot intertwine the two in discussion because you are talking about two different things.

Facts and figures are real set objects, while emotions are just a given on how one might feel at any particular moment.

I have lots of other guitars and my opinion of them has always been static... Loved it or didn't, my opinion didn't change later, I still love them or don't.

Not minute by minute depending on when you asked me last.

It was not my intention to sway any ones opinion either way....I would never wish being unhappy on any one else.

I hope everybody has the best of luck and reaches the goals that they might aspire to.

When I voice my own personal opinion....I realize that it only reflects one point of view,..... one.....not more than one.

Rebut what you think lacks merit, add any know facts that apply to support your position, consider things that are brought to light through the discovery process that are relevant to the issue at hand, and in closing, add how you personally feel or offer opinions that would have impact on the items in discussion.

Debate 101................................Love, Shawn

When I responded to Silverhead positively, I was really responding to his discussion regarding ghost notes/alternate tunings.  It seems like that distinction comes up often. 

Having said that,I've owned many Line 6 Products:

Variax 300, 500, 700, JTV-69, JTV-59.  My 59 is still my main axe - for both acoustic and electric.  I use lotsa alternate tunings.

Original Ax212 (drove six hours to get it!), Flextone III, Vetta, DT25, Spider V 60.  Still have the Spider V.  I have downsized over the years.

Original POD Bean, XT Floor, X3 Floor, HD500 rack.  Don't have any of these any more.  My needs have changed.

UX8, UX2. Got rid of the UX8.  I still miss it sometimes.

I still use PodFarm every time I record.

Had a StageScape Mixer for a while.  It was way more than I needed - but really cool.

I probably forgot some things.

I keep coming back to Line 6 for innovative and usable equipment.  So I am obviously pleased with their product line.

The only negative thing I have to say is that they don't have an authorized service center in Pittsburgh.  I have to drive 90 minutes to Youngstown, Ohio.  I think this happened three times in nearly twenty years of using their stuff.

Find a place that has some one display as floor models, play them, get the feel of them,

how they work, how they sound. The best skewed perspective is your own experience with it.

That's the way it was with all 11 of my guitars (four are JTV's). Played them, got to know them,

get the lay-of-the-land with them. But then again, I've also spent the last six years servicing JTV's.

In the end, it's all about the playing of it.

I didn't make it clear that the guitar was in tune on the mags, but that all the tuning issues are evident when you engage the modeling features or the Alt Tuning. It's also why the difference stands out so much....in tune...out of tune, all with the flick of the knobs. So unless you used Workbench first.....nothing is, or can be tuned. Also the story is of when I actually went to do a 59 demo at Guitar Center in November, 2011 at La Mesa, California. Not made up as "somebody" has claimed here.

Sark, 

Here's the rub.....

In the real world, the guitar that he has picked up to try out is in a "New Right Out of the Box" condition. The "Employee" who un-packed it and got it ready to be used as a demo, has done exactly what he has always done to every guitar he has put out. That means he pulled it out and made sure that the thing had strings and knobs, & yep it's got tuners and the neck is still attached, & I see it isn't busted in half or has any obvious damage that would make it unsuitable to display. Then he might quickly check it out for a very basic set-up, plug in in to ? SOMETHING ? Yah it makes noise,and finally give it a quick tuning.

Since we are discussing a 59 here, we all know that there is an issue with the firmware that means unless the guitar has been hooked up to WorkBench HD, and steps taken to correct the issue of 'Global String Volumes", you can't even begin to TUNE THE DAMN THING PROPERLY.

I highly have doubts that the shop plugged in the death dongle, went online and downloaded "MONKEY", then' Downloaded WorkBench HD, Flashed in any updates, 2.0, and or never ever knew what needed to to be corrected before one even reached a starting point.

I know I only have a Masters Degree in Music Performance/ with a Guitar Major...but I will challenge ANYBODY to tune an instrument in this condition properly.......go ahead....I'm ready to learn something new every day. This is basic Guitar for Dummies stuff.

Then, most likely, the customer picks it up and walks over and usually plugs it into his or her favorite amp. That's what most do. But let's say that we have a HD500X hooked up also for demo, it's still generally run through most any old amp to try out. Not FRFR, because no-one in the shop has any idea that when the guy tries out the acoustic models with an amp inline, it will sound like Sh*t.  Next he/she will try out all the fantastic electric models that seemed to all kinda sound the same until adjustments are made, both with the guitar and the 500X, and the guitar is still out of tune the whole time. Combine these factors all together and remember that the demonstration now has 2 uninformed people involved.

At what point here do you think that anyone would have any chance to evaluate anything fairly ?

Play all you want, your trying out an instrument that isn't even close to being ready to be played yet.

I'm surprised that they sell any..............See the "Did I get a Bad Guitar" thread. New 59. bought to replace a 89...

"What's with the string volumes".......

Yes, it sounds really bad...until YOU fix it.........

Let me plunk my hard earned bucks down on this baby....Oh Yeah!

Good Luck,

Shawn

Edited by Guitarkyller

All of that is just an assumption on your part. Where are your facts?

My statement was based on my own personal experience. That makes it a viable fact....would hold up in a court of law.

Don't be a sore loser....it's beneath your status to start taking things personally here.

Point out anything that you could rebut....

I didn't think so............Sorry that I embarrassed you.

Taking a personal attack personally? How could I not?

Anything I could rebut? How about the many assumptions in your last post that are similar to those you castigated me for? You created an entire fictional user-in-store experience that involved many more assumptions than my support forum assumptions.

Embarrassed? Not at all. Goodbye.

The guitars get checked and a set-up done on them at the main distribution hub.

They are then sent all over the country, and there may be some that might have fallen

out of adjustment along the way, or the climate affected the set-up. So getting a chance

to play it before buying it, is usually a good thing.

And none of my guitar guitars were new out of the box. They had all been in someone

else's  hands before I got them. Never had a problem with any of them, including my 4 JTV's.

And I know silverhead, he's one of the sharpest tools in the shed here. We've both been

doing this a long time. We don't count in years, we count in decades. It's why he's an Uber Guru here.

The guitars get checked and a set-up done on them at the main distribution hub.

They are then sent all over the country,

Do you go onboard and correct anything with the computer modeling.?..

None of the issues I have presented here were corrected in my guitar,out of the box, and you stated that you guys have a look at all of them first before shipping ?

Why would a demo model be any different?

If there's a problem with Modeling, it's dealt with at the hub or by me,

here at corporate HQ. If something occurs at the retailer, they send it to me.

I get floor demos back from retailers as well.

A number of things can occur between point-A and point-B, and we try to nip

them in the bud, as the saying goes.

There are people at the hub, there are people at some of the retailers and

I do the deep dive if needed.

If there's a problem with Modeling, it's dealt with at the hub or by me,

here at corporate HQ. If something occurs at the retailer, they send it to me.

I get floor demos back from retailers as well.

A number of things can occur between point-A and point-B, and we try to nip

them in the bud, as the saying goes.

There are people at the hub, there are people at some of the retailers and

I do the deep dive if needed.

So it should be, and sound perfect, without me having to touch anything except maybe adjusting a standard guitar set-up ?

'Cause that's not the way they come......You have internal issues to correct first.

This isn't about personal preferences, it's about a valid starting point that would have to be established before one could evaluate anything.

How about my tuning challenge ?  All the customer could do would be to give the tuners a twist....he has to evaluate what it is that you just handed him, as is.

I find things hard to ignore just because we hope for the best outcome.

Taking a personal attack personally? How could I not?

Anything I could rebut? How about the many assumptions in your last post that are similar to those you castigated me for? You created an entire fictional user-in-store experience that involved many more assumptions than my support forum assumptions.

Embarrassed? Not at all. Goodbye.

The story is entirely true. It is exactly what happened to ME, ME, when I walked into Guitar Center, La Mesa, California on or about November, 2011 to do exactly what was described. I went there to demo a 59.

Unless you were there ? On what basis are you calling me a liar ?   You really need to stop with the ASSUMING ? Your not happy with,nor do you like Shawn, that's OK, but I would like for our obvious differences to to end on a civil note.

I'm sorry that I castrated you....but I said it wasn't anything personal in my very first post.

This is my last response to you on this matter, so lets agree to move on...OK?

And none of my guitar guitars were new out of the box. They had all been in someone

else's  hands before I got them. Never had a problem with any of them, including my 4 JTV's.

Sark,

I don't want to ask you any questions that you might be uncomfortable in answering......

But I'm wondering how a person in your position with L6 ends up with 4 used guitars ?

If I worked there, I'd think I'd want new ones. But that's just me.

I can understand a buddy hocking you one 'cause he's in a bind...but 4 of them ?

You have stated that you haven't had a lick of trouble with any of them either, so my question would be, have none of them ever been repaired?

Or did you repair them before you bought them and haven't had any trouble since?

It's unusual for 4 people to want to sell their guitars when they haven't had any problems with 'em, so maybe they just didn't like them or know how to use them? 

Maybe you can shed a little light here without getting in trouble at work......but I just hadta ask.

Shawn

• Downvote 1