FBV3 am I missing something?
Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:03 AM
Looking into the FBV3 and as a novice trying to make sense of its functionality and operability and all I can seem to find is a polits guide. Am I missing something, is there not a more detailed operating instruction manual on this unit?
The pilots guide is in my opinion is useless. Surely there has to be a detailed instruction manual?
Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:19 PM
Our current Manual should have all necessary data needed for operation. Are there any details you are seeking that are not listed in the current manual? Please feel free to let us know any questions you may have.
Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:57 AM
1. All favourite tones in the Spider Jam must be saved to the User Bank in locations 1A -> 9D for control from the FBV 3.
2. FS1 switches between ‘Normal’ mode and ‘Jam Control’ mode.
1. Select ‘A’ – saved tone 1A is available; select ‘B’ tone 1B is available, ‘C’ tone 1C is available, ‘D’ tone 1D is available.
2. Selecting Bank up, then ‘A’ displays tone 2A flashing. To select tone 2A, select switch ‘A’ again.
Switches ‘B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’ now contain tones 2B, 2C & 2D respectively.
3. It is easy to have 4 saved tones for a track, in say 3A –> 3D, and bank up to 3 to have all tones available, then bank down to 2, and have 4 different tones available in A, B, C, D (now 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D).
4. Incrementing through each bank is achieved by selecting, say, switch C and banking up/down, then selecting C again when the desired tone is displayed and flashing.
5. Not selecting the Bank switch again whilst the tone is flashing will default to the previous selected tone.
Jam Control Mode
1. Selecting FS1 switches from ‘Normal’ to ‘Jam Control’ mode.
2. Banking up/down moves between saved recordings
3. ‘A’ selects Record or Overdub for either a new recording or a selected track already saved.
4. ‘B’ plays a selected recoded track
5. ‘C’ rewinds.
6. ‘D’ records at half speed. If a lick is recorded at half speed & played back at normal speed it appears an octave higher.
1) Unless re-programmed, ‘Function’ switch does nothing with a Spider Jam IV
2) FS2 – FS5 do what they’re programmed to do. Can be re-programmed using Line 6 Editor.
3) ‘Wah/Volume’ always works as switched.
4) ‘Tap’ always does what it does.
5) LEDs do not change colour.
6) Line 6 firmware Updater runs on PC and is connected to FBV 3 via Cat 5 cable. (The Updater works sporadically, if at all – usually a black square with ‘select device to update’ is all you’ll see).