Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Folder management

shredzilla1964

This is probably a very newbie-ish question that comes down to basic Windows File and folder management... so please forgive me if this is obvious :p

How do I for example set things up so that when I click on any of the options that direct me to a folder,i.e import/load preset/save preset/ load i.r/....etc.

the task specific folder is accessed?

I'm running the editor on a win7 laptop, and currently regardless of what function I click on, the last accessed folder is the one that comes up, like if I save a preset and then go to load some impulse responses I have to navigate Through the Windows menu to the impulse response folder ..

I hope I explained that well enough that someone understands what I'm trying to do?

I don't think you can pick default folders for the different exports (preset, setlist, bundle) in Editor. I have one main folder, and in there three subfolders for presets, set lists, and bundles. I make a backup of all three weekly. I just have to keep in mind which folder they are exporting into. 

It's 2017! This sort of stuff should be part of User Configurable Preference Settings in the Helix Editor App! Let's see whether Line 6 addresses this when the newly overhauled Helix Editor is released later this Spring.

Shredzilla1964, submit your idea on the IdeaScale site, so Helix Users can vote it up!