I've have a JTV-69 and a HD500 that are both about 2 years old. There seems to be some kind of bug this behavior is only when I'm using the VDI cable (doesn't happen with 1/4").
So often I will do this sequence of events:
- Turn the volume down on the JTV-69
- Press and hold the "Tap" button on the HD-500 to switch to the tuner
- Turn the volume up on the JTV-69
- Tune the guitar
- Turn the volume down on the jtv-69
- Press the "Tap" button on the HD-500 to leave tuner mode
- bump the strings, make a lot of noise, because for some reason my guitar is up 100% even though the knob is set to 0.
- turn the tuner slightly back up and down to 0. Now it is actually set to 0
Please note that this happens on patches that have no variax settings configured (I.e. tuning, volume/tone settings, models, etc. and the tuner is set to mute on my HD500 at all times.
Can anyone else confirm this is a bug? If so is there away to submit it to L6?
It's annoying as crap, because even though I'm aware of this behavior. I get burned by it. I'm usually playing at an event and will be tuning while there is someone speaking, or while something else is going on, and a random guitar noise is pretty annoying for everyone else involved.