Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any way to record guitar with effects and vocals at the same time?

Attempting to figure out a way to record an electric guitar with effects like through mobile pod and simultaneously be able to record vocals as if you were playing live. Preferably with the guitar on one track and the mic on a separate track. It seems like this is possible since the device takes two inputs and brings them into my iPad, but it doesn't seem like garageband has the capability?

Basically

Guitar in to SPVX through pedals and amps in MobilePod into garageband to record as a track.

While simultaneously

Recording through SPVX microphone into a separate track in garageband.

Or subsitute another app that has the capability.

I know most folks are probably laying down the guitar and then singing to it, but most of the music I make is essentially live. So for example I am singing and playing guitar together and it's much easier to keep the tune and stay in sync playing and singing together than to try to sing along with a pre recorded guitar track....

Mahalos!

• 1 year later...