Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue When Recording Via Usb With Hd500

slurry

Been recording via USB with my POD for around a year, and just yesterday a problem popped up...Whenever I'm recording, the program will lock up momentarily (and not record what I'm playing), and then continue to record after a second or two, and it does this every 2 seconds or so. Tried a different USB port, tried restarting my computer, tried reinstalling drivers, and nothing helped. Can anyone help?

This is obviously a computer problem.Try to reinstal the recording programm better, or check your pc for virus.

BUT just in case, to check that the HD500 is working correctly, try to open HD edit , and keep it open.if during this time it lose connection, it might be from the usb port or hd itself.

Keep me update, we will find a solution!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply. I've reinstalled my recording software (and even tried others to see if it was a problem related to what I'm using to record) and still same results--every 2 seconds or so, the program locks up for a second or two, then continues recording, without recording what was playing while the program was locked up.

No virus/malware/etc on my computer. Have had HD Edit open for 10 minutes now, and there have been no issues with that.

When recording from another source (such as my microphone used for communication purposes), this problem doesn't appear. The problem lies with the POD somehow.

As I said before, I tried other software options (Reaper included), and it's the same result. It pauses periodically in the recording process, then continues, and repeats this the whole time I record. I just tried again for good measure and got the same result.

Edit: Do you think resetting my POD to factory settings might fix the issue?

Already reinstalled twice, problem still persists. I don't have a second cable sadly so I can't test this out. I'm pretty sure it isn't the cable, because I recorded with it earlier this week (Sunday) and the problem popped up last night.

Update: SOLVED!!!

After trying literally everything within my power barring a cable change (which I didn't think would fix it), I decided to go for a System Restore. Sure enough, there was a "critical update" from Microsoft on Wednesday, and thankfully there was a Restore Point from before that. Restored to that point, and now it works again. Seems this "critical update" caused some kind of problem(s) for the POD drivers.

• Upvote 1

Just to follow up on this...

I just spent some time testing out which of these updates caused the problem...and it turns out, none of them did. Microsoft loves their updates and forced me to install them (you can say I was a tad annoyed...). So after they installed, the issue returned, but this time I knew how to fix it! Or so I thought. I started by uninstalling them all (and was planning to reinstall them one at a time), but even after doing that, the issue was still there. Had to do another system restore.

Yes, no issue as I now know how to resolve it, however, I am really interested in figuring out why these Microsoft updates are causing this problem. And what's even stranger is that no one update is causing the problem--uninstalling all of them after the update does not fix the issue, as the only way to fix it is to system restore back to before these 4 updates were applied. Very strange to me.