Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Choir Oooo's and Ahhh's FX?

barks62

Has anybody ever tried to set up an "Ooo" or "Ahh" type of effect on the pod?  Something that would sound even a little bit like voices?

I've been through a lot of the synths and sometimes I can convince myself that some of them are close.  It got me to thinking that maybe a combination of things could make an effect sound like voices.  Has anybody tried this?  Is it a dumb question? 

I thought about maybe using the vocoder to see if I could get that to sound right, but I don't ever want to have a microphone in front of me at a gig.  They terrify me, lol.

Has anybody ever tried to set up an "Ooo" or "Ahh" type of effect on the pod?  Something that would sound even a little bit like voices?

I've been through a lot of the synths and sometimes I can convince myself that some of them are close.  It got me to thinking that maybe a combination of things could make an effect sound like voices.  Has anybody tried this?  Is it a dumb question? 

I thought about maybe using the vocoder to see if I could get that to sound right, but I don't ever want to have a microphone in front of me at a gig.  They terrify me, lol.

Not sure if this preset: PBack-10.zip is the type of voices (sort of monkish) you're looking for. It's the preset I use on my song Radiative Embrace at the beginning and end. Note that the source of the sound in the song is still a guitar and nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply, Nico.  Would the vocoder allow me to do what I'm thinking?  I suppose I should play around with it myself to figure that out.

Can you think of any other ways to produce the sound I'm looking for?

Just to toss this out there... 

The HD500 is not a synthesizer. You are not calling up wave files. You will never get a good 'Hallelujah" sound with a guitar.

***but, admittedly, I am spoiled with the sounds available on the keys

@ Pianoguyy, Yeah, I realize the POD won't sound as good as a keyboard, I'm just hoping to get close.  We don't have the option of adding a keyboard because we don't have enough people in the band, so I'm hoping I can do something to give the illusion of a keyboard for a small part in a song.

@ Nico, I tried your effect last night and it worked pretty well.  I'm going to try the vocoder tonight and see how it does.  The Voice Box wasn't bad, I guess I was just hoping it would be more dramatic of an effect.  I was playing at very low volume, though, so tonight when I practice with the band I'll try it through the PA and see how it sounds.  It might come down to which sounds better with the least amount of DSP.  This patch is pretty full; I'm trying to use the Ahh's, the octoverb for some strings type of a sound, and a synth all at different places of the song and within the same patch.  Add to that the amp, delays and a mid-focus EQ for my lead tone and I'm pretty packed.  I'll keep you guys updated, and if I ever manage to pull this off I'll try to upload a recording.