Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk 1500 safe as a bass amp?

djeno1997

Hi,

I play bass and guitar and am looking for an amp that can do both.

My question is if it's safe to use a firehawk 1500 as a bass amp without risk of damaging the speakers like you'd have with a "normal" guitar cab.

I'm aware that there are no bass amp models built in but that's not a problem.

Djeno

Yes you can use the Firehawk 1500 with bass guitar. It is a Full Range Flat Response (FRFR) amp/speaker so it is able to produce the full range of frequencies..

I think there are a couple of bass amp models, or at least some that can be used for bass..

As stated above it is safe to use a bass with FH1500 because it is an FRFR system. There are no dedicated bass amp models in FH1500 but you can definitely achieve a good bass tone with some of the models available. A few amp models to start with for bass applications are the 1972 Silverface Bass and Tube Instrument Preamp. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And just to be clear the model packs, including the model pack HD's do not work with the Firehawk or HD500x multi-effects, right? It would be useful to have clarification on this prominent somewhere. The compatibility list that accompanies the model packs does not seem to list any of the main current multi-effect units.

Thanks,

• 4 months later...

So far as I can tell it is safe to use. I'm a guitar player mainly but joined a group as a bassist. I own an Ibanez 505 bass with active pickups and a 150w ampeg combo with a bunch of effects on a pedalboard. I was looking to clean up my rig and the firehawk did just that. I've only had it up to about 60% at gigs and practice and it handles all the frequencies of the low mids and lows very well. Great effects and tone versatility also. Using the wireless relay also helped clear up the mess too 🤘