5 replies to this topic

#1 Fendervariax

Fendervariax

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

Well, I´ve to say that my JTV 89 came in so perfect shape that all the nerves I had because I´ve read so many horror stories went away in two minutes.

The neck is perfect. The action, much better than my Standard Stratocaster (USA). NO FRET buzz that I have noticed either. :D  Smooth from the neck to the bridge.

As for the sound..... Some models are so good that I don´t really think you would need those (physical) guitars anymore.

The Tele...... Love it!!!!!!!

The Stratocaster....... It´s sounds a bit different than mine, but after only two days, and comparing them in a recording environment, I have to say that the Variax  settles better in the mix. It sounds a bit more smoother, without having those peaks I hear in my strato (lows and highs) that are a bit piercing  to the ear.

I find it less microphonic as well and a more compressed, but not in a bad way. Honestly, I didn´t thought it was going to sound so good. :blink: 

About the cuack.... yes, I agree with others, in my opinion it´s to polite, should be more aggressive. Right now there´s no much difference between this ( 2 and 4) position and the others. 

The gibsons are stellar as well.

So far, the ones I think need more attention are twelve strings and acoustics.

My guitar came with 1.72 version, I upgraded to the latest without having listened to it with the actual firmware. Everything was right at first attempt .

Overall, I´m happier everyday I play this guitar, and when you connect it to Worckbench HD, then you loose any sense of time :D.... it´s so much fun that I forget to play anything concrete.

So, I hope to be around here for a long time and I can´t wait for the next generation (maybe in two years....), because for me, this is the future of guitar.

Thanks everybody for been so helpful all this time. I´ve learnt a lot reading this forum and it helped me to convince myself that I had to try one. 

#2 SLIDER90

SLIDER90

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Congratulations..it is a fun instrument to play.

Experiment with changing the alt. tuning and let us know how that goes. I'm hoping it works perfectly!

#3 broker2

broker2

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

Congrats on your new jtv i love mine also cal.Great sounds out of that guitar.

#4 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

My alt tuning works great but you have to play loud to avoid hearing the out of tune natural string vibration.  For standard tuning in different keys I prefer a capo.

#5 Fendervariax

Fendervariax

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Thanks!!!!! Still discovering new things and different combinations.

I´ve definitely changed the strat´s body for the parlor one. It brings more harmonic content out of the strat model, but still not comparable to my real Standard USA.

Nevertheless, As others have mentioned, I see this guitar as a broad palette of different "colors".

The sounds are, for the most part, very usable, though as I´m playing more and more, you feel that there´s room for improvement in the feeling and the most important thing: overtones.

Still a tad on the sterile side.

Having said this, I´m keeping mine for sure. Love it and when a new one comes in, I´ll be there. :D

Great forum!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!

#6 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

Welcome to the Variax club FenderVariax! Glad you like your new AX! I recently got the 59, and I really love the guitar. Like you, I found it to be a really solid, well playing instrument. No problems with the fit & finish, intonation, neck & frets, everything was constructed well, set up and adjusted properly right out of the box. And as someone above said, it's a real sonic palette to work with - lots of good tones to be had, and a lot of adjustments available. More than I can wrap my head around yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users