Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flash Update from 1.90

I'm trying to update my Variax from flash 1.90 to current. I keep receiving "(Code 80009000) Unknown MIDI error" every time. It says to make sure the cables are still connected. They are. I'm at a loss. Thoughts?

Are you using the USB dongle, or connecting through another L6 device? If it's the dongle, try downloading the firmware to your computer first and updating from that file, as opposed to trying to pull it directly from the website to the guitar. That dongle sucks...the connection is dodgy. Mid-update failures are common. I could hardly get it to work at all when I first got the guitar. Connecting through the POD (or other L6 device) is a far more stable connection.

Are you using the USB dongle, or connecting through another L6 device? If it's the dongle, try downloading the firmware to your computer first and updating from that file, as opposed to trying to pull it directly from the website to the guitar. That dongle sucks...the connection is dodgy. Mid-update failures are common. I could hardly get it to work at all when I first got the guitar. Connecting through the POD (or other L6 device) is a far more stable connection.

Use the proper nomenclature please.

It's called the "Death Dongle" !

Plus, I got a bad one right off the bat, so they can also fail.  go figure ?

I'm just sayin'.......

http://line6.com/sup...structions-r103

Check the Knowledge Base link, it has some tips about this sort of thing.

You also have an earlier one. Going beyond v1.90 may require multiple

passes before it takes it. Check the extra tips in the link regarding the TRS plug.

And what crusinon2 said,... download the file to the computer, do the "Update from file..."

from there, via the desktop. Use the interface device and not a floor effects unit with a VDI,

between the floor effects and computer, too many variables that can glitch, so use the

Variax Interface device.

Also, disconnect any USB/IEEE1394 hubs from the computer while doing the update.

Once completed and all is good, then re-connect the hub.

Check the Knowledge Base link, it has some tips about this sort of thing.

Going beyond v1.90 may require multiple

passes before it takes it.

Try organ anti-rejection drugs first...in case that kidney you just got don't work either.

A computer that won't download it's own company's generated software.......what next???? We all know that it shouldn't work this way. How many times do I have to try this to get it to work ? Should be just once ??? Why on Earth would you think that it should take numerous attempts ?

Sorry,Try Again, Sorry, Try Again, SORRY,Try Again,  &again, &again...Ad infinium....... AAAAAhhhhh!!!, what the heck, I'll give 'er one more go ?

Then act like the whole thing is no big deal ? Works just like we advertised, that's why you bought it. Right ?

The Hd500x said up-date directly. Now I'm not supposed to ? HHHAAAAHHHHAAAA !!!!!!! Dongle Me Baby !

Integrated Systems my arse. More like "Work Around" all our F-ups....but you'll love it.......Honest.

They got more Sh*t that doesn't work as they claim.......but you sure as Hell don't see anybody rushing to fix ANY of it.

Color Me,

Speechless