3 replies to this topic

#1 mutigers9

mutigers9

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

I am trying to connect my spider IV 75 to my macbook and i downloaded the monkey installer and when it asks which device i am trying to connect it doesn't give me the option of the express board or the spider IV amp to get the drivers. How can i get the drivers so that my macbook will recognize the amp and express board?

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

First, make sure you have the USB cable plugged into a rear USB jack - try different ones.  Turn off any firewall or virus software running in thebackground.   Unfortunately, this problem happens frequently.

#3 mutigers9

mutigers9

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

SO its common for it not to work properly or give me the option to download the drivers for my device?

#4 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

There are no drivers.   You can use Monkey to update the firmware in your FBV and Spider amp and to install Spider Edit.  Although I could not get my computer (at the time) to recognize the devices to update the firmware (eventually I used another computer), I was able to use it for Spider Edit with the same devices. 

If you have no luck with different USB ports, first try uninstalling Monkey, all other Line 6 software, AND (important) delete all the leftover files (they should be in a Line 6 folder).   Then try downloading/installing them again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users