Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No sound coming from UX2 following possible hardware error

Hi everyone

Recently I've been having problems with my POD Studio UX2. When I try to play any sound using my UX2 the needles on the front move but no sound is outputted through my speakers. I've also tried a couple of different pairs of headphones and I can't hear anything through them either. Furthermore, I can't record sound through the instrument input or the microphone input.

These problems started when I plugged my bass into my bass amp which was plugged into the mains then ran the output from my bass amp into the UX2. When I did this the lights on the front of my UX2 turned off and the clip lights started blinking. Upon unplugging then replugging the lights came back on like normal but I couldn't hear anything from my speakers. The needles move when I play sound and everything software-wise and hardware-wise indicates that I should be playing sound.

This would indicate to me some sort of electrical fault in the device however the lights do stay on and the needle still does move when it should be playing sound. My second guess would be that only the output jack is damaged but the device can't record instrument or microphone audio or play it. This issue did occur after trying to set up ASIO Link Pro but I have since uninstalled that program and the problem still occurs. Aside from that nothing appears to have changed software-wise.

I've plugged different amps into my UX2 before and had absolutely no issue. If it's of any use the bass amp I used was a Peavey TKO 80 and I had it plugged into a standard British socket and there appears to be no damage done to the amp. I've also had a Vox AD15VT plugged into my UX2 before and there was no issue.

I am using Windows 10 and I have all the latest drivers installed.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post :)