Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving Global settings

guix

• 1 month later...

Hi, This is becoming a major issue for me. whilst I appreciate and am grateful for regular firmware updates, it's a REAL PAIN having to reset everything to factory on every firmware update, then try to remember all the global setting changes I've made when tweaking my helix over time for live performance. It can be very damaging to a performance to suddenly find a setting not set, when it should have been. Therefore I need a way to save and restore global settings in the same way that setlists are saved and restored, so I can be sure the helix is back to where I left it, after the upgrade.

Line6, if you're working on a fix for this, please let us know so we can stop fretting and simply hold our breath for the update!

Doug

I keep an Evernote note with that info, update it from my phone just before doing an update or anything else that might mean I'll need that info. It doesn't change that often, for me.

I just take a picture with my phone, of every single Global Settings page, before an update/reset. I do agree would be great to restore from a file, but I also see Line6 is changing/adding/modifying stuff in the Global Settings area, almost for every major update...so I guess this is also why they are not yet offering that option.

I am a bit surprised that helix has no way to save global settings and we need to set them up every version..... and they are not manageable from the app...

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Global-setting-in-Helix-App/832360-23508

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Export-Import-for-Global-settings/891128-23508

Doh - sorry, I meant to hit the upvote button and missed! Can folks pitch in to restore GUIX's standing and up vote? Sorry!

Maybe it's because I am a beta tester and have therefore installed firmware or re-installed firmware many times more than all y'all (that is a thing)... but I have all my global setting idiosyncrasies memorized and it only takes me a minute (or less) to re-set them up.

But I agree, this will be a welcome thing, and I think it's already coming.

I am in the "pictures on phone" camp.  I find it takes just a few minutes to reset the Global Settings and when new global setting features are added, modified, or even taken away I just re-click the pic.  It would be nice to have a save like that available but like I found out when several amp model perimeters had been adjusted and added; sometimes it is just necessary to know your settings.  I have even learned how to read the helix files in formatted clear text just for that reason.

Still ...

Dennis

• 3 years later...
15 minutes ago, Eraseri said:

Lets revive this good old thread because Line6 still hasn't done anything regarding this in OVER THREE YEARS. It is very very very annoying that Global settings are not saved!!!

Before you update, always do a full backup...  when you update through HX Edit it forces you to do that.  The global settings are included in that backup, and can be restored from there. If you only need to restore the global settings, then simply tell the restore to ONLY RESTORE the global settings :) 

If you are simply annoyed because Line 6 overwrites the global settings on some updates.... it is because new features were added to the global settings and it needs to initialized. As long as you have a backup before the update - it's a non issue! 

• Like 1