Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic Sims using IRs

aleclee

Rather than further derail my Free IR thread, I thought I'd start a new topic since there was some discussion potential.

I'm partial to the free Taylor CE IRs and created a clip of the magnetic pickups on my Strandberg running through my "Fauxcoustic" preset. link

http://www.aleclee.rocks/media/FauxcousticHX.mp3

Personally, I'm partial to not so much body tone.  That affected my choice of IRs as well as EQ. For those who prefer more body/air in the tone, a different IR might suit you better but pushing the EQ at 400Hz can help, too.

I have some other free IRs I'll share when I get them into a downloadable location.  

Any IRs or tips you'd like to share from your experience with acoustic simulation?

I was toying around the other day trying this - made a patch with some EQ blocks to try and do 'traditional' EQ fixes for a Piezo pickup, and with an IR block (I bought a 3Sigma acoustic IR) so that I can switch between the 2 approaches and compare.

Turned out to be a pointless exercise - the IR was vastly better from the get go.