Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there way importing favourite tones from my old live pod live into my new pod hd500x?

roastuk

No. You need to manually recreate them on the HD500X. But the underlying modeling is different so even if you can match the XT amps/FX exactly on the HD500X it will sound different.

The good news is that you can run the HD500X Edit program without the HD device connected. So if you still have your XT you can run its editor to view the presets and then manually recreate them in the HD500X Edit window. Then save the HD500X presets to your computer, disconnect the XT and connect the HD500X device, load the saved presets back into the editor, and then SEND them to the HD500X device. However, you should consider this a starting point for tweaking the presets on the HD500X.

There is no way to import as the files are quite different. The XT chain is basically fixed where the HD chain can be whatever you want it to be. When I first started using HD, I created my first patches using the same semi-fixed chain order as the XT. That kinda helped getting under it and doing some comparisons. It you used to combat the FIZZ in the XT with an EQ, I would suggest you try setting the Cabinet RES LVL to 0%....Master DEP going lower can help also...

Basically, you could bring up patches in Line 6 Edit so you can see them and input approximations of what you had on XT....In terms of the AMP Models, the XT amps are more like the PRE models in the HD....power section modeling isn't as pronounced in the XT as what you get in HD...It does make it a bit different. enjoy!

When I first got my Bean I thought the same thing, but after 4 months with this thing I'm kinda glad it didn't. These HD's are so much better I don't miss any of my old tones.

I agree. I can understand the initial desire to keep all the old tones that one has worked so hard on over years. But when you upgrade to a newer generation device that is capable of producing much better tones it seems to me that you are doing a disservice to yourself if your goal is to reproduce the old inferior tones.