Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Xt To L6 Link Adapter?

frac82

hello everybody. does a "POD XT to L6 link" exist to make the Red Bean act as an HD500 to control DT series amps? 

is correct to say that, when linked with xlr to DT amps, the POD HD500 act only as a channel/stomp footswitch without any amp emulation?

thanx

It's not outside the realm of possibility to control a DT amplifier if you are willing to do the work required to accomplish what you want...But Zap is spot on...Nothing out there to support it on the system link...

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

You could map midi PC events in the XT to trigger CC settings in the DT amplifier with a midi event processor...But you have to sit down with the midi reference manuals for both devices and program the box....So it isn't impossible ti control....

No, that isn't really correct...but it can be if the amp model is disabled in the HD500...otherwise you generally have an PRE model hitting a real power amp...try RTMs, perhaps the system will make more sense if you do that...I left out the F.

somewhat... but the pre-amps are the same in the DT as they are in the pods.

and you can of course change what preamps are in those 4 topologies.

i think what you are missing is that the pre-amps are always emulated... the benefit to the DT amps is a real power amp... not a real pre-amp.

so, summing up: if i link an HD500 to a DT i can either switch "only" between the DT's 4 typologies or send the emulated preamp from the POD into and through the DT tube power amp section?

it doesn't have ANY of those models... it has completely new models. but yes you are correct it does not have updated models of all the amps in the older pods.

some people miss the odd favorite here and there... but the new models are pretty versatile and cover alot of the same ground....

i'm missing much more than just that... :D

i don't know neither the DTs nor the HD500, i own an "old" XT bean and a SV MK2 HD100; so the HD500, as the DT, doesn't have all the emulated models there were on old generation PODs?