Photo

Is There A Way (i.e. Different Tubes, Etc) To Minimize Master Volume On Mkii 212?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scaryfast

Scaryfast

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

I have a Mkii 212 which I love, but like many, I have issues if the models have the channel volume below 50% or so.  Some people experience a dropout of volume...I experience a "POP".  However, if I have the channel volume at 50%, the overall volume is SO LOUD...unless I'm playing in a big room, it's unbearable.  Has anybody found a way to work around this by possibly adjusting the master volume potentiometer, software, or tubes to bring the overall volume down just a bit so we can run the required 50% channel volume to eliminate the pop or dropout?

Thanks.

#2 pillbug

pillbug

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hi, you need to get something like a Power Soaker, Super Soaker... I have the THD Hot Plate (purple one) which I have attached to the back of the amp in always-connected mode and it works great, allowing me to turn up the Master volume past 2 (usually no more than 5 / i.e. halfway) without shattering the windows.

#3 Scaryfast

Scaryfast

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thanks.  I've thought about that but glad to hear from somebody who's actually done it.

#4 edfardos

edfardos

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

On my hd100 with four power tubes, i've removed the inner two tubes for an aparent 15% volume reduction. Be sure to rebias the amp if you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users