Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 240 2x12 combo ?

xSUITTOx

Yes, you can send to powered speaker, mixer channels, ext audio interface input. Level is fixed and not determined by the master volume setting. Patch levels are important though. Try and balance them as much as possible. I run pr of xlr's to our FOH mixer for stereo guitar. Sounds great. Venue sound guys still prefer to mic the amp at some places. Not sure why they dislike direct XLR but it all works out and sound good either way.

Yes, you can send to powered speaker, mixer channels, ext audio interface input. Level is fixed and not determined by the master volume setting. Patch levels are important though. Try and balance them as much as possible. I run pr of xlr's to our FOH mixer for stereo guitar. Sounds great. Venue sound guys still prefer to mic the amp at some places. Not sure why they dislike direct XLR but it all works out and sound good either way.

So is it better to have Balanced xlr's ? I see the PODHD500 has balanced and researching if the Helix has balanced xlr;s

So is it better to have Balanced xlr's ? I see the PODHD500 has balanced and researching if the Helix has balanced xlr;s

You can run mono L side as well. If you use stereo FX and are the primary guitarist, then I would use both XLR outs. Balanced outputs provide a low noise option to mixers or powered speakers. If your band runs the PA in mono as many do, then L XLR mono out is fine. More bands with dig mixers and powered speakers are now running stereo, so it's there when you want that option.