1 reply to this topic

#1 The_Silence

The_Silence

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Not sure if this is the right forum for this post, if it's not, feel free to direct it and/or me to the proper place!

Just uploaded a shoegazey type of tone loosely based on Neil Halstead's rig from back in the day. It defaults as sort of a plain old clean tone with just some delay and chorus, good for strumming out chords. Mess with the expression pedal and distortions, however, and you'll end up with a giant wall of noise. The expression pedal controls the reverb saturation. It can get a little out of hand at 100%, though, so watch out! The tube compressor was added as a last minute thought, just to give the clean tone a little extra "oomph." I recommend turning it off if you have the delays, distortion and reverb at full blast.

And because I have a Variax and why the hell not, it force opens the Chime-1 patch, which is a Rickenbacker, guitar of choice for many old school Shoegazers!

Would love some feedback or suggestions. Feel free to modify and mess with it!

http://line6.com/cus...ne/tone/224193/

#2 fendacaster

fendacaster

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Big fan of the slowdive sound, will give it try once I've got my new laptop up and running. THNX for your post, Regards Ron

PS: Have you tried any settings for Cocteau Twins (Robin Guthrie) ? I'm finding it quite elusive to get just right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users