Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 channel switching and popping

Hambone9

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a used dt25 from Guitar Center about a month ago. I love it, great tones ect., however, I noticed when switching between channel A, clean to channel A/B dirty (4) there's a slight pop, as if you can essentially hear the clicking of the footswitch in the cab.

The other is, it seems that no matter what channel I'm on, it defaults and only switches to channel A/B dirty (4).

Is there something I'm missing here? I'm using the livewire 2 channel switch from Guitar Center. Is there a reason for the clicking noise in the cab? - btw I bought a brand new 112 matching cab. And, is there a way to to stay on channel A when switching between modes on the footswitch and set the second footswitch for channel A/B only?

I am using the in in LVM as well.

Thanks

great choice with the DT25.  In standalone use (no HD500) what you have is a 2 channel amp with the ability to load 8 different amp/cab models, 4 on channel A and 4 on channel B.  Because the knob positions are not stored you have to dial in one on channel A and one on channel B and switch back and forth.  You can load any combination of amps and cabs in the 8 slots using midi.  Changing the topology switch in standalone mode does not change the topology as you would expect.  It actually loads a complete amp/cab setup.  They call it a voicing which means an amp/cab/mic and reverb model.  All of that is user editable using midi and DT Edit.

As far as the popping, that is normal when switching from class A to class AB.  The power section is physically changing so for practical use you should try to avoid making those changes during a performance.  Try setting up a clean amp on channel A and a dirty on channel B but keep both of them the same class.

Since you got this used, you don't really know what the previous owner loaded.  I recommend doing a factory reset first.  At least then you have a good place to start and know what you have.  Then you can get a USB midi adapter and using DT Edit you can set it up the way you want it.

To return all settings back their factory default state, you'll need to perform a “Reset†of the DT amp. To perform the Reset, start with the DT amplifier powered “Off,†then simultaneously hold the Voicing toggle switch DOWN and the Pentode/Triode toggle switch UP while powering the amp “On.â€

​https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Uno

http://line6.com/support/topic/124-user-created-dt-editors/

Okay awesome, thank you again. Quick question as well, so I would love to utilize channel b when switching from channel a, however, my footswitch automaticall switches to A/B when using it, and I'm unsure of how to set the second switch.

The only can I've had prior to this was a blue voodoo years ago, so not to sure if I'm missing something with this particular footswitch.

Is it a Line 6 switch?  I don't understand.  The DT can only be in either A or B, there is no A/B.  I thought you meant class A or AB earlier.  Might be an incompatible FS.

Connect a Tip-Ring-Sleeve (TRS) latching, two-button footswitch for easy access to switching Reverb On and Off (Global) and switching between Channels A & B.  Alternately, connecting a Tip-Sleeve (TS) latching, single-button footswitch provides easy access to switching between Channels A & B.

Mybad,

Yes that what I meant A and A/B. But I guess I should have said I'm wanting the footswitch to change voicings and not from channel a to a/b, just between voicings on channel A for now.

It's a livewire footswitch I snagged from guitar center, im assuming it's probably not compatible and might need the HD500 for what I'm wanting?

no like I said before, its just a 2 channel amp so all you can do is change channels or turn reverb on/off with a footswitch.  If you want to control those other functions get an HD500.  The DT was made to integrate with it.  You could also do what you want with midi if you can program it.  Unfortunately that actually changes your DT so it will remain in the last configuration you sent it for that voicing.  The HD500 does not make any permanent changes to the DT and all your settings are saved with the patch in the HD500.