Photo

Huge Pod Farm/interface Issue, Please Help!

pod farm wierd signal problem

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Ciffelenn

Ciffelenn

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I can record the dry signal, that's safe to say! I'm using the Mbox USB family drivers!

#22 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Now try launching an instance of POD Farm within PT on your dry track.

#23 stnbc

stnbc

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hello there Line 6 experts!  What was the upshot of this?  I have the exact same problem.  I have tried every single way possible to record in Cubase 7 using a UX2 and Pod Farm either before Cubase or as a plug in with dry signals and I get horrible sounding recorded guitar tracks.  

Thanks!

#24 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1618 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

Looks like the OP never came back to answer after Oct 1, maybe he found the problem.

stnbc - have you tried recording a dry track, then going back and adding PF as a plug-in on the track? (after it has been recorded, not when recording)

#25 stnbc

stnbc

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Thanks Mike.  Yup.  I tried that as well.  Still ends up sounding horrible.  Plug in looks exactly like the one linked above as far a levels.

#26 stnbc

stnbc

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

So, nothing else I can try?

#27 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1618 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

On the plug-in you should be able to go in and delete components of whatever preset is selected.  You can also select just 'parts' of PodFarm as a plug in (amp, mods, etc) - what have you tried?

#28 stnbc

stnbc

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Dude, I just don't know what else to try.  I can send a dry, semi-dry or wet signal, and they all sound horrible once recorded. I even dropped the output in the upper right of Pod Farm to half, and it is still a horrible signal being recorded.  Dunno what to do.  Anybody in or near Gainesville FL whom I can call or consult?

#29 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Can you post a clip?

#30 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1618 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

Dude, I just don't know what else to try.  I can send a dry, semi-dry or wet signal, and they all sound horrible once recorded. I even dropped the output in the upper right of Pod Farm to half, and it is still a horrible signal being recorded.  Dunno what to do.  Anybody in or near Gainesville FL whom I can call or consult?

Let 's start again.

Record your dry signal, no PF plugin on it.  Play it back - it sounds like it should?

Put the PF plugin on the track.  Play it back - it now sounds bad?

Go into the PF plug-in and deselect the components on whatever preset you have selected, one at a time, playing the track back each time.  Do you notice anything different in the sound as you deselect each part of the patch (i.e. remove the distortion pedal, the amp sim, etc).  If nothing changes with the sound when you do this, something is not set right somewhere.

If you can post soundclips and screenshots, it woudl help us help you.

#31 Ciffelenn

Ciffelenn

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Okay guys i figured it out, i just need to change the head in Pod Farm to "Line 6 Treadplate" and back and then it works, but i have to do that for every track everytime i open the DAW..

Here's a video of the problem i'm having (fast forward to 0:50 for details about it, unimportant chatter in the beginning) https://www.youtube....h?v=JgL1G6Z1STo

Would love to see if there's any way to fix this issue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users