Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G50 Relay Losing Signal Strength

badiaziv

Been using my G50 for over 5 years with zero problems until recently. Noticing my signal bars on receiver going down and up 1 bar for last few weeks. And have had one quick signal drop. All use in church under same conditions with no changes. I use Lithium Batteries in transmitter which I clip to guitar strap. I'm not more than 6 feet from receiver at any time. Attenaes are at 10 & 2 o'clock. Upgraded guitar cable to gold connection with right angle. Have always used channel 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi badiaziv, 

Here are a few recommendations of mine to help narrow down the cause:

Is your transmitter set to low power mode? Low power mode helps preserve battery life by reducing the transmitters range.

I also recommend all Line 6 wireless that is being used to be on the same RF mode (http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/live-sound/relay-digital-wireless/rf1rf2-mode-switching-frequencies-r130)

Other good wireless practices are making sure other wireless units are not next to each other, cell phones should not be placed near transmitters or receivers.