Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk and Variax (std)

SteveFrance

Hello,

i've bought a firehawk and i've discorved the variax models.

I think it can really answers to my needs.

I've just purchased this guitar and i'm just waiting to receive it !  B)  :P

I just ask myself one thing....

The first time i'll plug the variax, have line6 allready done a "pre-setting" for each kind of guitar by tone or have i to set every preset tone by tone to "tell" what guitar using ?

The same question about the preset on the cloud..... Can i copy this item too from somebody who has made all the chain ?

Thanks

Generally the presets do not specify a Variax model. You should expect to have to do it yourself, preset by preset, based on your personal preferences. Sometimes a preset will include a specified Variax model but you will likely find this to be the exception rather than the rule. This applies to both factory presets and the cloud presets.

Thank you for your answer !

I thought so when i posted. But i imagine when i see some preset titles like : killer Queen or msg in a bottle, come as you are.....That line 6 could have gone farther by allready bringing a variax configuration for each tones.

Is that the case for the bank 27 to 29 wich titles contains "Variax" ?

I expect the banks named Variax will include the model assignment in the presets.

Note, too, that only a small percentage of Firehawk owners also own a Variax. While including a Variax model assignment in factory presets doesn't do any harm to non Variax owners, nor does it add any value. Extra effort for very little return. Accordingly it's not generally done.

I'm impatient to test it sooner.  ;)

I believe that it could be a good way for line6 to communicate on the "dream rig" to say : just plug and play. You wil have exactly the sound of the artist you want to reproduce. Everything has been done before to aim at. Just buy our all line products.

Of course, i believe a lot of owners don't have a variax or don't want to but line6 offers a new philosophy of playing guitar.

I believe that it could be a good way for line6 to communicate on the "dream rig" to say : just plug and play. You wil have exactly the sound of the artist you want to reproduce. Everything has been done before to aim at. Just buy our all line products.

Yes, and that's exactly what they do in the banks in which they highlight Variax settings in the presets. I think you'll find that many of those presets include alternate tunings as well as simply the Variax model assignment. So they focus the 'sales pitch' in certain banks of presets.

But for general inclusion in all factory presets - no. Just not worth the effort imho.

OK, thank you for your reply.  ;)

In fact, i'm divided.

One way, i think it's a pleasure to find excatly the sound you want to and work to reach it. On the other hand, i like the idea of having something that prevents me from spending time to search which guitar have been used for every song i want to play....

It's a good thing, it can be an improvement for the next devices  :)

My Variax arrived yesterday (a vintage white :wub:  :P ) ! 

So i'm going to answer to my own question.....For the curious men (and women) !  :D

At the beginning, i plugged the FH on my amp with the clearest sound, something like a by-pass.

But some tones really disapointed me. The banjo and the accoustic guitar didn't sound like it would or i was waiting for.

I didn't recognize the caracteristics of these instruments.

So i tried with my headphones and the difference was significant ! The accoustic guitar sounds really good like the banjo.......

I conclude, i will have to invest in another device !  <_<

This is the first point !

To come back to the question i was asking, the factory presets are all configured with a specific Variax model.

You select the banjo preset and you have a banjo, there's a title with an alternate tuning and all the changings are done automatically.

On the users' presets, the Variax stops the modeling configuration to go on the guitar pickups.

I've had only one tone browse from the cloud that have been configured with a Variax model, so it can happen but they are usually done without this block configuration.....