Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500X delete old users setlist

Trev0666

Good day. I recently picked up a used hd500x. When I load hd500x edit, it loads the old users setlist named Gary. I refreshed the memory and that has erased all of his tones out of the setlist, but the setlist names "Gary" still remains. I even deleted the file for it and renamed it something else and it still comes up as Gary. How in the world do i make this go away ? Thanks in advance

Try renaming the setlist using the HD500x device or the editor. I believe the setlist name is encoded in the setlist data, and backing up the setlist uses that data as the filename. But if you change the filename the original name is still in the seltist file data and that's what is used on import.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried simply renaming it but it still won't go away lol I went to file then selected save setlist. It showed a file named Gary so I deleted it first. Then saved it as another name and it still won't go away. That's why I'm stumped. Only after that did I go and do a memory flash and all that did was wipe out all 20 of Gary's presets or tones. But every time I reload the edit software it defaults to Gary setlist which now all have empty slots. So I'm half way there haha

There's a flaw in the newest firmware. Well, it is a flaw, but I believe it was explained as - we needed to remove certain things to make room for other things. Therefore, not a flaw. 

Setlist names no longer get imported when you import a setlist file. 

To get a setlist name to appear/change, you either need to rename the setlist, or you need to do a global reset after you import a setlist file. 

Curious --- 

What do you mean that you deleted the file?

I am also curious to know if you are using EDIT properly. Sounds like you may be missing a step.

hurghanico thanks a bunch I tried option 2 a couple days ago and the double click wouldn't work no matter how slow I went. I will try option 1 tonight as it sounds very promising. I will put an end to this Gary business once and for all mwahahaha thanks again

.... I tried option 2 a couple days ago and the double click wouldn't work no matter how slow I went......

As an alternative, try left-clicking and holding on the setlist name then drag the mouse pointer slightly before releasing the mouse button. This should also highlight the setlist name for editing.

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for the replies and sorry for the delay.  The ,method that ended up working was using the board to change the name.  For some reason, the editor would not let me edit it or delete the user profile.   This thing is confusing!  But, I am slowly getting the hang of it.   Good practice for down the road I guess.  I you can learn to tweak this this, you can probable damn near tweak anything.  Thanks again.