Photo

Jtv-69 5 Way Toggle Piezo Pickups Will Not Stay On Position 2 Or4

jtv-69 jtv 69 5 way toggle toggle switch problems issues 2 and 4 intermittent not working unplayable

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bsbarber73

bsbarber73

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Just purchased a JVT- 69 and noticed when using the mag pickups the 5 way toggle switch works perfect but when I switch to the virtual instruments position 2 and 4 don't work right. In either position the instrument is intermittent. I have to hold the switch a little out of that location to get it to work and then when I let go, it goes back to the instrument on either side of that position even though it is still in position 2 or 4.
I updated to the latest firmware and It seemed like it got worse. Has anyone else had this issue. It currently renders the virtual Side of the instrument almost unusable. I have not found anything on this issue other that one other guy made a video on YouTube and his was really bad (hence his cursing in the background).

#2 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Sounds like you have an electrical problem.  The switch serves two different functions:  One is to select the mag pickups same way as a Strat.  The other is to select one of five Models in the bank.  Sounds like the second function isn't calibrated correctly.  I would send it back.

#3 bsbarber73

bsbarber73

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Charlie You are probably correct in your assumption and I thank you for your quick reply. I have created a ticket and now I am waiting for a response. Meanwhile if anyone has any knowledge to weather this can be recalibrated either with software or physically without voiding the warrentee please educate me. I would love to resolve this without having to send it back.

#4 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I have not seen any sort of "calibration" proceedure anywhere.  Line6 may have one but you may have to send it to them to get it done.  If you just bought it can you return it to the seller?  This is certainly a defect.

#5 bsbarber73

bsbarber73

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Got it from guitar center and the knocked off $285 because of the issue and it would cost me that much more to get one on exchange.

#6 arverutledal

arverutledal

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

Hi,did you get the 5 way toggelswitch fixed?

I have the same problem with my jtv69

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv-69, jtv 69, 5 way toggle, toggle switch, problems, issues, 2 and 4, intermittent, not working, unplayable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users