Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just got a Helix

Bessant1

Hi Guys, I've just got a Helix but it's got the old Firmware on it....1.06.5... Can you help me in the best way to update it to the newest Firmware please? what do i do first, I've been to the website, looked on youtube.. Can you guys point me in the right direction.... Many thanks......

At the top of this page select Downloads.

In the middle drop down box select Helix and in the 3rd drop down box select your operating system and press the Go button.

You will see a set of instructions for Helix Editor 1.21.  Keep this page handy because you'll be following those instructions.  Read through them first and understand the sequence. IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU'RE NOT CLEAR ON, COME BACK HERE AND ASK QUESTIONS...DON'T GUESS...BECAUSE YOU'LL LIKELY GUESS WRONG.  Follow the instructions in steps 1 - 3 to save any presets you want to keep.

Step3 tells you to download the Helix Editor so scroll to the end of the instructions and press the Download button.  The installer program will download to your computer, then you need to run the installer program and it will install the current versions of the Helix Editor, the Line 6 Updater, and the appropriate device drivers for your computer.  DO THIS FIRST BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER.  If the Helix Editor version and firmware versions don't match you are going to have all sorts of bugs and problems.

After dowloading the Editor, UpdateR, and device drivers continue through each step of the instructions PRECISELY from that point (step 3).  In essence you will use the Line 6 Updater to install the current version of the firmware on your Helix unit.  Then you will have to go through some manual steps to make sure everything is setup correctly.  Follow ALL the instructions.  The major problem people have with these updates is not doing the instructions correctly.

• Upvote 1

Ok, Thanks Guys, so to ask a silly question, do I need to download the firmware before plugging the helix into the computer,I'm sorry, I know I'm light years behind you fella's, just to point out, I have not downloaded anything as yet, just plugged in and loved the thing... is there any steps that i need to take first, I've registered the Helix and created an account....again, Thanks....