Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Windows says Helix driver didn't install, but things are working

zooey

Just got around to updating to 2.21 from 2.20, and noticed afterwards that Windows says the driver didn't install correctly. I haven't been using Helix with computer audio, so maybe I wouldn't know, but the editor seems to be working ok.

I shut down, disconnected Helix, reinstalled the Helix software, same msg at startup.

Is the driver only about audio? I will eventually want to be able to use it with a DAW etc, so not having isn't great, if it's really not installed, or not up to date.

Any ideas what else to try?

This is Windows 7, up to date (old computer, please let's not get distracted by how that makes me an awful human).

HI,  this has been the same for me since day one . . . . .  it has never been a problem.  EVERYTHING  works fine (Audio/Midi/Editor) so not to worry. 

Others have seen the same issue . . .  but others have not??

I do recommend that you get a better quality USB cord as the original that comes with the HELIX is known to "drop out" on some systems ( like mine!).

Good luck . . . . enjoy!

Bo Baker