Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Running POD Farm 2 on multiple computers?

I bought a new KB37 in 2013. Using it frequently, works to this day with zero issues. Thanks!

It came with POD Farm 2, which runs fine on my home computer with KB37.

I'd now like to install POD Farm 2 also on my studio computer. At the studio I don't need the KB37, just the software. Does the license allow this, or do I need to have the KB37 physically connected whenever I want to use POD Farm 2? This would be a problem because my home and studio are in different places.

I'm asking because the Line6 License Manager shows my devices correctly but tells me "I haven't bought any software" (although I do have legit POD Farm2 at home). So obviously at the studio the POD Farm 2 plugin runs in "unauthorized" mode and I have no idea how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Got on my home computer and found POD Farm 2 as an "add-on" under KB37 in the license manager. So I suppose PF2 is only allowed on the device KB37 is connected in. What if I take the KB37 to the studio - can I authorize Pod Farm once and be done with the hassle, or do I have to have the KB37 connected at all times?

Also, if I were to buy a second POD Farm 2 – the store page says it can be used "with any USB interface", but then there's a list of "required hardware". Confusing. So if I buy another license, do I still need some Line6 hardware or not?

The license you have requires that the KB37 be connected; it won't work without the KB37. If you purchase a license for the hardware independent versoin of Pod Farm you will not need a Line 6 audio interface device connected; any audio interface device that supports ASIO will work (but you still need an audio interface device).

The license you have requires that the KB37 be connected; it won't work without the KB37. If you purchase a license for the hardware independent versoin of Pod Farm you will not need a Line 6 audio interface device connected; any audio interface device that supports ASIO will work (but you still need an audio interface device).

Okay, that clears it up, thanks for the answer!

If that's how it works, then this page doesn't need the "required hardware" list: http://store.line6.com/software/plug-ins/pod-farm-2.html

Okay, that clears it up, thanks for the answer!

If that's how it works, then this page doesn't need the "required hardware" list: http://store.line6.com/software/plug-ins/pod-farm-2.html

Quote: "Hardware Independence now allows POD Farm 2.5 to be used with any USB audio interface. We recommend POD Studioâ„¢ interfaces"

L6 has to feed their developers too. :)

L6 has to feed their developers too. :)

Well, I did pay €339 for the KB37, and as you can see I'm not opposed to buying a second license, so I'm not exactly sure what you're implying.

Quote: "Hardware Independence now allows POD Farm 2.5 to be used with any USB audio interface. We recommend POD Studioâ„¢ interfaces"

Yes, the page both says that you need hardware and that you don't need hardware. Hence the confusion. But that's all cleared up now thanks to the earlier post, so, case closed. :)

Well, I did pay €339 for the KB37, so I'm not exactly sure what you're implying.

Yes, the page both says that you need hardware and that you don't need hardware. Hence the confusion. But that's all cleared up now thanks to the earlier post, so, case closed. :)

Nothing personal my man, just saying everyone would prefer you buy their own stuff. Rock On!