Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi discontinued?

Leftzilla

Hey just got back from the local Guitar Center here where I was going to trade in my Amplifi 75 for an Amplifi 150.  Blah blah blah salesman told me that the Amplifi line had been discontinued due to communication issues with the app.  Again Guitar center salesman.  So as part of demonstrating that the Amplifi 75 worked I linked to it played music via Blutooth downloaded the app on the spot (new phone) and started editing the Amplifi 75.  Long story short the money they offered me on trade in was OK (roughly twice what one of there 15% discounts would have given me off of the new one) but what worries me is that there hasn't been an update to the software in 2 years and if the product is being discontinued.  I would like to know if this is the case (and I know asking in the forums is pretty much ridiculous) before I decide to make the plunge with the 150.  The 75 works very well just not loud enough to use as an onstage amp with a very active drummer. 

I don't quite get your problem. If the 75 works fine for your purposes, just except not being loud enough, why would it matter whether there are further updates to the software? (besides just recently there was a new firmware, unfortunately with a non-telling changelog "Minor Bug Fixes and improvements").

I  mean if you were to buy a non-modeling amp you also had no new features or "updates" after you buy it. 

Yes, there are connectivity issues with some phones/devices, so might not work out of the box for everyone, but as you managed to do an on-the-spot demo you'll be fine. You're happy with the 75, and if all you miss is more volume, you'll be happy with its big brother :-)

Your points are well taken, and i probably wrote that more out of frustration with the GC salesman than anything.  (Why would the first things out of your mouth be "Oh they discontinued that line because blah blah blah" not a very good salesman) I have a ton of LIne 6 equipment that I have never had a problem with.  I think its more of a do I invest in the Amplifi 150 or a straight up FRFR to use with my Helix such as the L2M, JBL EOS, Spacestation V3 etc.  And will the Amplifi 150 be loud enough onstage?   Can anybody comment on the volume difference between the 75 and 150?

http://line6.com/amplifi/

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated"---   Mark Twain.

People,... if you want to know if something is still out there, just look on our website,  http://line6.com/ 

Sales people at the retailers are not always up on what's out there,

since they work in sales and not inventory control.

Forget rumors from the unknowing, go to the source.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate all of the feedback and thank you for replying.  As to investing in the Amplifi for Helix, I bought the Amplifi 75 originally to monitor the Helix onstage in venues that had crappy monitors, with the main signal going to the PA and also its nice having a 75 watt blutooth speaker.  But onstage with Helix input it wasn't loud enough.  It works great as a stereo practice amp with Helix input.  Fixed the crappy monitor situation by building up an in ear system for the whole band.  But in this case obviously not using the onboard Amplifi modeling.

So now I have been recruited into a local "punk" band The Dirty Blondes, and while it would be nice to use the HELIX it only requires 1 or two basic tones.  So I tried the amplifi 75 watt onstage since there is certainly more head room with the Amplifi modeling but again wasn't loud enough.  The venues this band plays typically don't mike amps and rely on onstage volume.  So this is the main reason I would like to upgrade to an Amplifi 150.  To get the added oooomph onstage with the punk band.  Also having a 150 watt blutooth spkr would be cool.

And the other reason is that I am familiar with the amp itself and it is stereo so I can still use it with the Helix at home.  The only other systems that I see with stereo are under powered (Roland Kybd monitors) or more expensive (such as Spacestaion3 which looks pretty cool but I have no way to test one out and it is 300 dollars more) and if I got powered monitor I would need 2 and extra weight and money.

Anyways thank you again for the replies, and if anyone really cares I will update this post with whatever comes of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I appreciate all of the feedback and thank you for replying.  As to investing in the Amplifi for Helix, I bought the Amplifi 75 originally to monitor the Helix onstage in venues that had crappy monitors, with the main signal going to the PA and also its nice having a 75 watt blutooth speaker.  But onstage with Helix input it wasn't loud enough.  It works great as a stereo practice amp with Helix input.  Fixed the crappy monitor situation by building up an in ear system for the whole band.  But in this case obviously not using the onboard Amplifi modeling.

So now I have been recruited into a local "punk" band The Dirty Blondes, and while it would be nice to use the HELIX it only requires 1 or two basic tones.  So I tried the amplifi 75 watt onstage since there is certainly more head room with the Amplifi modeling but again wasn't loud enough.  The venues this band plays typically don't mike amps and rely on onstage volume.  So this is the main reason I would like to upgrade to an Amplifi 150.  To get the added oooomph onstage with the punk band.  Also having a 150 watt blutooth spkr would be cool.

And the other reason is that I am familiar with the amp itself and it is stereo so I can still use it with the Helix at home.  The only other systems that I see with stereo are under powered (Roland Kybd monitors) or more expensive (such as Spacestaion3 which looks pretty cool but I have no way to test one out and it is 300 dollars more) and if I got powered monitor I would need 2 and extra weight and money.

Anyways thank you again for the replies, and if anyone really cares I will update this post with whatever comes of it.

You could get an extension speaker to wire in place of the little 8" driver. Pretty simple to wire a jack that will cut off the internal one.