Christian1971

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

Hi,

my HD500X does not start anymore, after I switch on the power. The Line 6 Logo appears, stay for some seconds, the logo switch to the big blue block an then the block faded away,

then the line 6 Logo appears again. This in in a loop.

Bofor I had a software-crash. I was in the HD-editor. I had an amp with a delay in front. Then I addes a wah-wah. For a reason (i know this is useless) I try to switch the wah-wah after (behind) the amp. In this moment the programm crashes. I can't remember the exact errormessage, sorry. I tryed to reboot the HD500X but it won't work.

How can I reset the HD500x?

Sorry for my english, but thanks for you help!

Kind regards

Christian

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11099 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

I would reinstall the firmware. Connect the HD500x to your computer via usb, and hold down the left nav key on the HD500x while powering up. Then run Line 6 Monkey to reinstall the flash memory (firmware). If you have a recent backup of the HD500x presets then it's best to choose to replace existing presets when prompted during the installation. If no recent backup, then choose to keep your existing presets (and back them up immediately :) ).

Also, after reinstalling be sure to reset the global parameters and calibrate the pedal (search the knowledge base for details).

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 decurtin

decurtin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Where is the 'left nav key'? The manual lists a 'nav pad', but no left or right nav key's.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14828 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

the big round multidirectional thing to the right of the display underneath the enter button.

line-6-pod-hd-series-pod-hd500-131180.jp

#5 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11099 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

The nav pad uses four arrow-labeled keys (buttons): up/down and left/right. I mean the left key.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#6 warcloudwells

warcloudwells

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Make sure you are using the correct powerbrick for the 500X.  Do not assume (as I initially did) that an X3L brick would power the 500X.  We it kinda did, but sometimes the Line6 logo would just flash repeatedly - as you noted.

Also check the your 500x brick is providing 9VDC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users