Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume adjustment doesn't hold

thorneven

At a recent gig I was adjusting the volume on one of my presets. I got into edit mode on one of my user presets and adjusted the volume using the volume knob. As I turned the knob I watched the volume icon in the LCD window adjust the volume on the amp effect. Then I dbl-pressed SAVE to save my changes. However, when I changed to another preset and then back to the preset whose volume I just changed, the changed volume did not take and instead the original volume is set.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks.

Is the volume you are adjusting connected to a controller in any way? If so, the controller is where you have to make the adjustment, not on the amp module. 

I find it easier (during a show) to adjust the volume using the mixer section.

No, not connected to a controller.  But I have assigned to a foot switch the amp block where I may want to adjust volume.  Where is the "mixer section"?  Do you mean the mixer block?  And when you make an adjustment there, can you save it?  The reason I prefer the amp block is that there I can also adjust bass, treble, et cetera.  Does the fact that in this preset I have amps on 2 paths have any bearing on this issue?  If I recall, the dual paths with the 2 amp blocks are BEFORE the mixer block and I have a volume block AFTER the mixer block.

You say "No, not connected to a controller.  But I have assigned to a foot switch the amp block where I may want to adjust volume.  ".

So, is something assigned to the amp volume or not? If anything is assigned to it (controller, footswitch, volume pedal, etc...) then that is where the settings need to be stored.  For reference... I assign my volume pedal to the output of the amp module. This allows me to control volume (like a volume pedal) but I don't have to use up an FX block for a volume pedal. However - if I want to increase my amp volume, I now have to adjust my "MIN/MAX" values for the controller (volume pedal) rather than on the amp module itself. 

The MIXER is the small block the usually appears at the end of the "duel" chain. It is always present. It controls the volume and pan of each path. If you increase the volume here it is stored with a save. 

If you have a volume block AFTER the mixer that is fine to. The mixer volume will still work, as will the volume block.