4 replies to this topic

#1 chopshop7777

chopshop7777

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hi all, just got my hd500x and I am pretty impressed with it however for the life of me I cannot figure out how to record it through protools, I am running the Digi 002 rack, I chose the pod as the main audio source and I still cannot engage record any help on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated. cheers. oh I got my guitar running through the pod as got the pod hooked up by way of USB to my pc and use the back of the pod for the 1/4 cables of the monitors.

#2 bjnette

bjnette

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Good onya. Great piece of kit and pushes above its weight for the dollars.

First, while your USB connected install L6's Monkey, Drivers and edit software.

You have to close out EDIT to use the USB as an Interface or use your 002 rack which you can connect via s/pdif or any analogue outs.

#3 chopshop7777

chopshop7777

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hi bjnette , thank you so much for replying, so the s/pdif will work ? cool , so in  protools in the track input , you chose s/pdif instead of line input in ? thanks so much again. cheers. Ed

#4 bjnette

bjnette

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

Yeah s/pdif is the way to go as the HD already coverts analogue to digital. 

If you go out the analogue outs the HD converts back to analogue and if going into your interface it has to convert again back to digital.

#5 chopshop7777

chopshop7777

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hi again bjnette, thanks for taking the time to reply once again. that's pretty cool I didn't know that's the converting process, I will try it out in a few hours and let you know. thanks so much again man. cheers. Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users