Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there anyway one could use the VDI and jack connectors on a jtv at the same time?

The powers that be have repeatedly warned against using both the VDI and 1/4" connections at the same time. Damage can supposedly occur. But even if that weren't the case, you wouldn't be able to do what you want anyway. You can blend the mags with a model in whatever ratio suits you, then save it to the guitar as a "custom model", but no matter what connection you're using, there's still just one output signal at a time...there's no way to route the piezos to one output and the mags to another simultaneously.

I don't have my 500X any more, but I think I was able to use the VDI cable to the 500X and separate mags and models to L and R. Wouldn't that work for the OP?

I think thats the answer. VDI to HD500 then assign VaxMags and VaxModel to separate processing chains and pan the output hard L & R. One (with acoustic model) goes to PA the other (unaltered Mag signal) then gets passed to the Kemper. I will give this a try. Thank you! 

I don't have my 500X any more, but I think I was able to use the VDI cable to the 500X and separate mags and models to L and R. Wouldn't that work for the OP?

Lol...I hadn't thought of that. I suppose that would work, and it would avoid using both the VDI and 1/4" outs at the same time. Good idea.