Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd Edit Fails To Select Variax Model - Hd Edit Freeze

guitarmech111

I am seeing some uber wierdness in my dream rig. Whenever I try to select a variax model from my JTV-59, HD Edit FREEZES and I have to unplug the USB cable and then HD-Edit goes away.

I also ran into the reboot loop and had to hard reset the HD500. I am trying to set the patches back up with the updated Variax firmware patches. This whole editing software needs some more work on it.

Right now, I am NOT ABLE TO SELECT THE VARIAX PATCHES IN HD Edit. I am getting really frustrated!! I have a church service to play at in the morning and this is NOT helping me keep calm.

• 1 year later...

I have had a dream rig for over a year now and recently moved the HD EDIT to my other laptop (the better one of the two I own).  I upgraded everything to the latest firmware and version - and I noticed after a while (say 30 - 45 minutes of play) the HD EDIT becomes unresponsive (i.e. select a new AMP or FX or make a settings change to a patch). 

I brought up task manager on the laptop (HP Pavillion d6000 - Windows 7 Pro) and watched the memory use by HD EDIT - it seems to start by using 40,000 K of memory and over time inflates to 105,000 K plus.  

I disabled (stopped) other Microsoft Office related background processes - and results were better - but I would expect the software to not hang on me.   It requires restarts of the software and /or the laptop itself.   Its a pain.

I would like to hear more about the memory usage by the POD HD 500X and the HD EDIT software - like "is my configuration to minimal"?  and  " what do I need to stop the application from hanging"? 

I have the $$$ -  I need the answers.