Photo

Pod Farm 2.59, VST plugin on Reason 9.5 (MacOS X Sierra)

pod farm vst reason osx

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sicabol

Sicabol

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

Hi !

I've recently bought Pod Farm 2.5 hoping to make it work on Propellerheads Reason 9.5. I try to make everything work on an iMac on Sierra.

I've found the directory containing the VST plugin, namely /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Line 6 but Reason can't find the plugins... I already use Kontakt Player as a VST plugin on /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST, without any problem. If anyone has a hint, it is welcome ;)

#2 wendylou

wendylou

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

I have the same problem and question:  Reason 9.5 cannot "see" Line 6 VSTs.

#3 wendylou

wendylou

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

OK, I found the reason and solution:

Reason: Pod Farm plug-ins are 32-bit, which is not supported by Reason 9.5. They must be 64-bit VSTs to work.

Solution:  Get JBridge https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/ for Mac or Windows; about $12 USD. This will successfully load 32-bit VSTs in DAWs such as Reason 9.5.  All my Pod Farm 2.59 Platinum VSTs load in Reason.  Works great!!!

Note: if you take a VST Snapshot in Reason you'll end up with an image of the JBridge VST interface, not the VSTs it's loading for you.  So either don't take snapshots, or alternately, you can take a snapshot of JBridge, then locate the resulting PNGs, edit them and replace with a suitable sized pic of the Pod Farm VST, and you're good to go.

#4 wilmet

wilmet

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

hi!

about "Reason: Pod Farm plug-ins are 32-bit, which is not supported by Reason 9.5. They must be 64-bit VSTs to work." i see in the pod farm manual that the plug-in is 64-bits, then it should to work with Reason, so, what is the problem? I have it too

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod farm, vst, reason, osx