#1 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

I have never had this problem before but I would connect to the M 20 D with the iPad and it would almost immediately drop the connection I noticed this morning that it would say on the M 20 D Wi-Fi screen that there was one connected remote after I had dropped the connection with the iPad, m20D Wi-Fi screen would still display one connected remote and I would not be able to reconnect even unplugging the USB and turning on and off the Wi-Fi connection on my iPad which has worked in the past, I never had this problem before last night and I had not upgraded to iOS 7 because I did want to make sure I made it through the gig last night and this morning without problems but it was kind of frustrating when I was not able to reconnect and need to tweak some of the settings after a sound check.

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Aargh !

It may be that the dreaded "corrupted firmware" beast has woken from its slumber inside your M20d.

I'd (yet again) suggest a reload of a "clean" version of v1.1 to see if this effects a "cure".

Less likely, (but still possible, I'm guessing) may be some unwitting variation to the networking settings in your iPad.

#3 ArneLine6

ArneLine6

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Before you re install any firmware which is highly unlikely to be the reason here please make sure that you have a clean wifi channel. If there is any wifi router or wireless microphone present they might be on the same wifi channel and cause problems.

#4 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

I have a line 6 G 50 but I did not even plug it in for this gig there was no other wireless devices around in the place except peoples cell phones..... I tried unplugging and then plugging in the Wi-Fi stick turning on and off trying different channels which seems to be disabled when you are not using a router, I have the engenius wi-Fi stick, on my fourth generation iPad I would turn on and off the Wi-Fi even rebooted the iPad without available all in all still seeing in the screen for Wi-Fi on the M 20 D it saying one remote connected and at that time I did not want to reboot the M20 D which most likely would have cleared that I believe. I even switched the selection back and forth from Wi-Fi network to Wi-Fi router mode even though I did not have a router to see if it would go ahead and clear the one remote connected notice

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

#5 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2524 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Since wi-fi is invisible it can be hard to determine if there is any present.  But anymore I just figure it's everywhere.  If you have a smart phone just take a quick look at how many networks you could sign into to get an idea of how much is there.  There is a free android app that will scan for wi-fi by channel number but I don't know of any for iPhone.  You could also do the same with a laptop.

#6 eukieb

eukieb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

I suggest that you do a reset on your iPad then reconnect it to the mixer. It works for me whenever I run into connection problems.

#7 mishulix

mishulix

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

I have some problems with my connection also. They were present from the beginning. The iPad mini connected wirelessly with the router through the Apple USB-to-Ethernet adaptor and it works fine. But, from time to time, randomly loses connection with the mixer and then reconnects. The problem is not that big, but it is none the less disturbing when trying to make modifications and not being able to

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m20d, connection, ipad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users